• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

Ronald Levesque

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got through this whole thread this afternoon in one read....Great topic and for now thats pretty much all I'll have to say but on other forums members refer to me as the trailer guy for a reason and I'll also add that many people out there believe Paul Elio's dream vehicle will never see the light of day....People believed the same thing about the Mercury Program too.

Paul Elio thinking about two sets of numbers right now, 64 and 6800....Let the aftermarket folks work on trailer and hitch ideas and numbers and many of the now non believers on this thread might then see a possibility here.

Not saying its in stone that the Elio will be able to tow a small or even the lightest of utility trailer or campers....Just saying this thread is way to go good to just give up on....Think I'll work with a few I know that can work some of this out and post back on this thread down the road....If for nothing else this thread was a very good read!...thanks for having posted the question.

Attachments

• IMG_20140809_191813.jpg
    IMG_20140809_191813.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 237

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got through this whole thread this afternoon in one read....Great topic and for now thats pretty much all I'll have to say but on other forums members refer to me as the trailer guy for a reason and I'll also add that many people out there believe Paul Elio's dream vehicle will never see the light of day....People believed the same thing about the Mercury Program too.

Paul Elio thinking about two sets of numbers right now, 64 and 6800....Let the aftermarket folks work on trailer and hitch ideas and numbers and many of the now non believers on this thread might then see a possibility here.

Not saying its in stone that the Elio will be able to tow a small or even the lightest of utility trailer or campers....Just saying this thread is way to go good to just give up on....Think I'll work with a few I know that can work some of this out and post back on this thread down the road....If for nothing else this thread was a very good read!...thanks for having posted the question.
LOL Oh my! That is some rig you've got there! :-) Z

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's an awesome trailer, but $2000 for the absolute base model will buy a lot of gas. 275 lb isn't all that light either.

A Harbor Freight 4' x 4' trailer weighs much less at 130 lb and only costs $190 when it's not on sale. Even if you spend another $110 on improvements, that still $1700 to buy gas. Oh, and it will carry 850 lb of cargo vs. 325 for the GO-Easy.
image_24294.jpg
The larger 4' x 8' HF trailer that carries 1195 lb only costs $300 when it's not on sale. Almost impossible not to find a coupon or sale that drops 20% off the price of anything at HF.
image_21298.jpg
I think any trailer is going to kill the mileage (relatively), so smaller is better for aerodynamics. Cheaper is better too because even small and aerodynamic is still going to kill the MPG and we'll need the money saved to buy extra gas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom