• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt the Elio could pull this but it would be nice to have when roaming the wilder parts of the world.

You're right aknaten I doubt the Elio could handle that trailer... It probably weighs more than the Elio... However you could probably pull this one without much trouble... weighs in @ 280 to 320#'s www.moby1trailers.com That is, if you can live with the price tag which is almost as much as the Elio's projected price for the base trailer w/o options! ;)

PAG_9765-Edit.jpg

There are more traditional "Tear drop" trailers on the market as well that are light enough to be pulled by bikes... Or if you're handy you can build one yourself either with plans or kits... Good luck and good hunting..

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wander if anyone pulls any type of trailer with their elio, how much now will the 84 mpg matter?
For me with a MM camper, None, as I will have my conveyance and accommodations all rolled in one unit. I can side step any motel/hotel cost The free or low cost camp sites, that I could/would find, would provide me with a low cost way to explore this Great Country, before it's too late.
With a 1200 # Elio/me180#s and Mini Mate @ 400#s max, I could go far on a pittance.

The Wing nor the Sorento can't come near to matching that.

Michaelx

Elio Fan
Reaction score
This would be an easy item to add....just a hitch welded or bolted to the frame behind the rear wheel, so that the wheel can still be removed for flat repairs, and get any motorcycle trailer from the many manufacturers out there, and hook that baby up for some long distance cruisin' and campin'.....Rick in Vacaville, Ca.
Little Guy teardrop would be awesome!

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm really hoping for a hitch option. I've got a trailer I built from a harbor freight frame and a semi tool box that I pull behind my 1400 Suzuki intruder, but it's way ◼️ To pull behind the Elio. I've got a new plan but need to wait and see what the hitch height will be and the tire size. Hope to try and figure both out Labor Day weekend in Colorado. Our first trip we are planning is to eureka springs Arkansas for our 10 year anniversary, so the extra space would be nice.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm really hoping for a hitch option. I've got a trailer I built from a harbor freight frame and a semi tool box that I pull behind my 1400 Suzuki intruder, but it's way ◼️ To pull behind the Elio. I've got a new plan but need to wait and see what the hitch height will be and the tire size. Hope to try and figure both out Labor Day weekend in Colorado. Our first trip we are planning is to eureka springs Arkansas for our 10 year anniversary, so the extra space would be nice.
According the Town Hall Forum thread this past week, a trailer hitch will not be an option at this time. I had it on my wish list but removed it after that announcement. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw that and I'm hoping its a lie! I'll keep it on my wish list anyway.

Unfortunately it does look increasingly like it will not be available as a factory option, at least in the first year, however I am sure there will be hitches available in the aftermarket just like most motorcycle hitches. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A receiver hitch option would be the most functional of all Elio options for those drivers buying the Elio as their only vehicle.........allowing a ball hitch for towing a small trailer or camper, cargo platform for carrying bulkier loads and camping gear, bike racks, etc.. It did sound hopeful early on.

Top Bottom