• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What would be a good trailer for the Elio? Depends on the purpose, but something lite of course. Any other suggestions?

http://www.gizmag.com/go-easy-ultralight-trailer-camper/33328/

My brother has one of these (similar) for his Gold Wing Trike.

GoldwingTrailer_zps9e9b03d5.jpg

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been reading all the posts about pulling a trailer... lots of good stuff there... I have been pulling a Bushtec Turbo motorcycle trailer on cross country trips since 1992 (basically to all 48 states and Canada) and will be using it with the Elio as well. The Bushtec trailers are not "cheap" but they are specifically designed for pulling behind MC's... Full independent suspension with air shocks so you can adjust for any load. 16" wheels, weighs 125# with a 350# GVW. 25 cu.ft. capacity. I've pulled it with a cruiser bike (92 Harley Dyna Daytona) and all of my "Baggers". These are a couple pix from a run to Sturgis in 2010... 2007 FLTR Road Glide...

Bushtec.jpg
Jammin.jpg

one more shot of the trailer loaded before I left for the trip... We were camping so I had a full load of camping gear... As you can see you can pack a lot of gear... I think trip weight was 300# total...trailer + load
loaded up_8-2010 150.jpg

Top Bottom