• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/15/2014 - Ksla - Elio Motors Announces Delay, Production Expected To Start In 2016

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i do not sit around and wait, life passes you by.

I have been owning and driving and enjoying three wheelers for over 20 years, currently have a lovely Scorpion III here on the Island. with a 135 HP BMW engine, it performs flawlessly. I also have a car, Honda Element, which has a perfect a/c unit, and have that to go grocery shopping.
Paul Elio had a dream, LOTS of people have dreams ! BUT realizing for then past year he did NOT have the financing, he CONTINUED to take the average person's hard earned monies into a nonrefundable status, THAT IS WRONG !

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What pisses me off about this is that we have been misled about the financial strength of the company. Time and again we've been told that the money was there to get the test fleet built; yet construction on them has not begun. And it is bullshit to say that they have to wait on engines to get going on the frames, etc.

Now we learn the truth -- that they're 240 million shy of the necessary, not 185 as we were told last summer.

If I were Mr. Elio, I'd find some way to get those 25 cars built and tested. That would help raise money. And if he can't do it -- well, I did not consider him a liar. But no progress on test cars means no money, and no money means no Elio by 2016 or any other time.

The delay til first half 2016 is no surprise. The surprise will come if they actually get the car in production by June 1, 2016. Bummer!
I feel the same and am disappointed and discouraged.. Unless my diminishing mental capacity has failed I thought I understood that the Federal loan would be a supplement to the private investor money that they had arranged.

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What pisses me off about this is that we have been misled about the financial strength of the company. Time and again we've been told that the money was there to get the test fleet built; yet construction on them has not begun. And it is bullshit to say that they have to wait on engines to get going on the frames, etc.

Now we learn the truth -- that they're 240 million shy of the necessary, not 185 as we were told last summer.

If I were Mr. Elio, I'd find some way to get those 25 cars built and tested. That would help raise money. And if he can't do it -- well, I did not consider him a liar. But no progress on test cars means no money, and no money means no Elio by 2016 or any other time.

The delay til first half 2016 is no surprise. The surprise will come if they actually get the car in production by June 1, 2016. Bummer!
I feel like Police Chief Dreyfus from Peter Sellers The Pink Panther... My eye is twitching! ;) Ha!
banner.png

images3OHC9GMQ.jpg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully vehicle development continues on the current track funded with proceeds from the equipment sale as continuing down that path is the best way forward. Getting the full vehicle into testing so EM can show both the government and potential investors that this is a developed vehicle, and doing so without incurring debt, is exactly what EM needs to do to push this project forward.

In some ways I am glad they did not drag this out and wait until May or June to tell us as I thought they might. I think that is positive news in terms of being open about the process.

I may be disappointed but I don't give up on supporting something worthwhile like this just because of some bumps in the roads. I am still anxiously awaiting my Elio in 2016 and I will soon have some miniature Elios to keep me company in the mean time. :cool::)

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully vehicle development continues on the current track funded with proceeds from the equipment sale as continuing down that path is the best way forward. Getting the full vehicle into testing so EM can show both the government and potential investors that this is a developed vehicle, and doing so without incurring debt, is exactly what EM needs to do to push this project forward.

In some ways I am glad they did not drag this out and wait until May or June to tell us as I thought they might. I think that is positive news in terms of being open about the process.

I may be disappointed but I don't give up on supporting something worthwhile like this just because of some bumps in the roads. I am still anxiously awaiting my Elio in 2016 and I will soon have some miniature Elios to keep me company in the mean time. :cool::)
go work.png
Ok let get to work, Elio.... keep pushing... make it work.....we have faith in you:):):rolleyes:

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
our "non-refundable" reservations are expendable ..

we are the investors who did not require anyone to sign their name to guarantee anything ..
brilliant plan !
they can simply pull the plug on the website and disappear, start up again next year

MADE IN CHINA !

sell them at PEP BOYS !!

ScarecrowRepair

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
To all those screaming con, fraud, bankruptcy: get a grip. Yes/no do/don't on/off decisions aren't made instantaneously. Factors changes, pressures build, deadlines loom, and decisions are eventually announced. You seem to think that because you weren't privy to every day's arguments and every day's data and every day's discussion, you have been fooled. If you had been a fly on the wall, you'd have complained about dithering and indecision and waffling. You will never be satisfied with anything anyone else does, yet look at your own life and ask yourself how many decisions you put off, how many announcements you made.

Married? Did it happen out of the blue? If you popped the question, did your future spouse complain and ask why you didn't make the decision sooner?

Own a house, rent an apartment? Were those decisions instantaneous and with full disclosure?

Work for somebody? Did you whine during the interview that the job posting should have been posted sooner? When they made you an offer, did you whine that they should have made it the instant the interview was over and skipped all the other candidates?

Give me a break. Go whine somewhere else.

Top Bottom