• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/16/2016 Letter From Paul Elio

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the engine on Feb. 6th. :)

I can hear it already after a successful 'Official First Run'.

"Why are they wasting their time, AND OUR MONEY, building an engine for a vehicle that will NEVER BE BUILT!!!"

When we final do get our Elios, assuming they actually 'were' planning on buying one, they'll be b*tchin' about, "I'm only getting 83 mpg! I TOLD YOU PAUL'S A SCAM ARTIST LIAR!!"

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to extend my apologies to those I have offended by my negative posts and replies over the last 12 hours or so. I kinda took pride in all my predictions coming true over the last six months or so but realized no one is better off today then anyone else. There is a lot to be learned by many here with nothing but a positive attitude, me especially. When you've been hoping for something to materialize for so long and finally realize it's not going to happen you get mad and manifest that disappointment in negativity. This was my third and perhaps my final delay announcement and it pissed me off. For the majority of you, it's your first. I'm sure Paul had the best intentions and is a true visionary but lacked the big league clout necessary to pull this off. No wall street investment firm is going to back such a risky venture and the DOE loan is unlikely. Paul's letter demonstrates a visionary in the acceptance stage of failure. Shifting his success goal from producing his dream to stressing that the journey was more of a success. With that said, I'll follow this through to the end and hold on to Paul's dream with him.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very well said!
It tickles me to see the same people, who in the recent past, likened us to "lemmings", blindly following. Now they are saying..."it's all over...time to give up. Lets all go jump off the cliff!" So, now that you all are "sure" that "It's over", maybe you will stop wasting your time on this worthless forum. ;) :)

Here is what I AM sure of...If EM does not make it happen, NO ONE EVER WILL. I am still convinced that EM's intentions are honorable and will continue to support this worthwhile cause. Am I blind? NO. I know this is a risk. But I do have a backbone. I am not a jellyfish. I will not be pushed by this "toxic wave" of doubt.

I can't wait to see the engine on Feb. 6th. :cool: :)

'I will not be pushed by this "toxic wave" of doubt.'
Is it Wimp Friday or what??
I can not believe the 'Blind Panic' generated here by a mere Bump in the road.
I went in at the top in May (last), knowing full well there could be set backs.
I'm still convienced the Elio will Happen. It's Too Good to Not be true. What this will mean to the American commuting public, and others, is to important for it to fail.
This production posponement just gives me more time to plan for my retirement, to the Hills of Tn.
No panic here, just more time to make things happen.
Still in, at 10!!

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I expected the delay, and have not given up, I have lost some faith this will happen. $240 Million on one level doesn't seem like a lot of money, but we have no idea where it might be coming from, when it might show up. IF it will show up.

Once a year a bunch of us that used to work together get together for a very long lunch (3 hours typically) to catch up, trade insults, keep in touch. Today (Friday) was the annual lunch. As of Thursday afternoon, I'd planned on wearing my "Genuine" shirt, take along the Elio fact sheet, and talk it up. One guy drives 70 miles to work one way every day. He'd be a perfect candidate for an Eilo. He had a Metro he drove back when we were all working together, so the size/power would meet his expectations.

After hearing the news, I couldn't do it. I couldn't in good faith try and get others on board the day after yet another delay had been announced. I hope it happens, but I'm certainly not as confident it will as I was 48 hours ago. When it was 9 months out, I could live with myself telling the guys "Hey, you should get in on this". At 18 months or more (and I've seen nothing to convince me we won't get another delay a year from now), I just couldn't do it.

I knew the risks. I'm certainly not claiming I've been deceived. But I'm not prepared to be responsible for anyone else jumping in at this point.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dear Elio Family:

When I started Elio Motors, I always thought the most gratifying part of the experience would be seeing the vehicle go from concept to reality. After all, I’m an engineer. That’s what we do. We dream big and turn those dreams into a product people can use, enjoy, even love.

But, a funny thing has happened on our journey. The real gratifying part of building a vehicle from scratch has been meeting the thousands of fans across the country who understand and support our mission. The people who have made reservations, or even just the ones who come to events with enthusiasm have altered my world view.

Nothing is more important than supporters like you.

With that in mind, since our inception we have adopted transparency as one of our core values. Keeping our customers up to date in a timely manner on our progress is incredibly important to our mission.

That’s why it is a top priority of our company to let you know we have pushed back our 2015 production target. We now anticipate production date in the first half of 2016. We have many of the major building blocks in place to succeed, including our vehicle design, our world-class team of suppliers and the manufacturing facility in Shreveport. In addition, we will introduce our engine to suppliers, investors and media on Feb. 6. Even with all that progress, the key component that affects our timeline is funding, and these efforts continue to take shape as we have several strategies in place to expedite the fundraising efforts. We have retained Corporate Fuel Securities, a New York-based FINRA registered broker dealer to act as financial advisor and placement agent in our fundraising efforts. And, we can raise potentially millions of dollars through the sale of surplus equipment in the Shreveport facility. In fact, here is a web site where you can take a look at all the surplus equipment available (Surplus Elio Equipment).

Additionally, there are a few other strategies we are working on behind the scenes that we’ll be able to announce in the near future.

Rest assured, every single Elio Motors team member is working diligently every day to get us closer to production. All we ask is for your patience and support as we continue this journey. The Elio is revolutionizing the way people will commute and we look forward to the day you take delivery of your Elio. That day is coming.

As we move forward with our fundraising efforts, we will share what information we can, as soon as we can. Thanks again for your support and your belief in Elio Motors.

Best regards,

65ce8f1c-a824-43fe-8d1d-816a4357cfae.jpg

Paul
I like Paul Elio's signature! Pal

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very disappointed with the delay. I hear a lot of whining from people who either have no reservation or are "all in" for $100.00. I've pissed away more than that in a night at the bar. I'm in for 1K and I'm not concerned. Disappointed yes, frustrated yes but I haven't lost anything, actually I'm no different than I was yesterday. Have patience and stand behind Paul and his crew. That is my intention.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Very disappointed with the delay. I hear a lot of whining from people who either have no reservation or are "all in" for $100.00. I've pissed away more than that in a night at the bar. I'm in for 1K and I'm not concerned. Disappointed yes, frustrated yes but I haven't lost anything, actually I'm no different than I was yesterday. Have patience and stand behind Paul and his crew. That is my intention.
I agree; and feel the same. I'm disappointed but not to the point I have seen others on here. It's insulting to the faith they had when they invested. All investments are a risk; they never say 100% this will be a success on this specific date no matter what it is you're investing in.
I haven't worked in 16 months and just got my disability designation for SS, so I'm now retired and on a fixed income. I'm still an All-In and I'm not worried about it. No one promised me delivery in 14 to 20 months but I still jumped in with both feet and I'm not complaining. I still believe this will happen, and that will not change.
Those crying and bit**in should keep their rants to themselves. Go cry to your mommy, I don't want to hear it.

Top Bottom