• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/16/2014 - Jalopnik.com - Six Things That Could Kill Elio Motors Before It Even Launches

cdurrett

Elio Fan
Reaction score
vaporware? That right there should, if you have money invested, disappoint you at the very least. He's telling you that you just threw your money away and that you are a fool. Also, his list of 'who this person is' offended quite a few of us.

We have somewhat different definitions of "vaporware". Announced but not yet, if ever, produced is the one I use.

IE, not a sure thing. But we did know that already, right? (My calculations have me 40% "a fool". :-) )

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have somewhat different definitions of "vaporware". Announced but not yet, if ever, produced is the one I use.

IE, not a sure thing. But we did know that already, right? (My calculations have me 40% "a fool". :) )

Interesting. I use Vaporware is ... always talked about and hyped but never actually completed.

I'm at 33%... :cool:

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lot of misinformation Motorcycle still have to met EPA standards just not the same as full size cars. Current HD's. Have CAT's and fuel ratios of 14.7 to 1.
The biggest road block to an Elio will be the government.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just re-read his article intending to refute every lie / inaccuracy. I realized that it's not worth the time it would take. His article is a house of cards. Just ignore it and it will fall down by itself. The sad thing is, since many people will believe him, he will succeed in slowing momentum a little bit and that will make him feel powerful...how sad.
His mother still loves him "unconditionally", tho. After all, since he lost his job at McDonald's (5 years ago), He has worked so hard on his "little internets thingy", and he has so many "virtual friends" now (ie, "vapor friends"), the least she can do is keep his room clean and bring his Teddy Grams and juice boxes whenever he yells. :eek:

Ah, that felt good. You know? It's so much easier to write creative insults than to search for facts. ;)

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Top Bottom