• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Production A Long Shot...

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Notice my reservation number. You're new compared to me, and I include myself in the idiot pool. We were ALL suckered.
Instant gratification doesn't work here unfortunately for you. It's a start up project that still needs enough funding to reach actual production. If you're pushing 80 and up (age), I can understand the frustration and bitterness. 2017 is a go or no go for EM, exciting times indeed so between now and next year, try to cope!;)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am reflecting on an old movie from 1988 starring Jeff Bridges. Automotive related and extremely similar to our current Elio situation. The movie was "Tucker". An excellent idea and advancement for the era. I'm afraid we are in a position where history may repeat itself. My outlook for Elio Motors carries no positive feelings what-so-ever at this point. I would quite prefer - rather than being held on a string and handed a bone every few months - Elio: Just give us an honest reply regarding production ...... The population is heavily wavering and honestly the more bones you throw, the less interest you are building for you product. The media is having a hey day (when the "current events editor" needs fill-in space). Don't be a "Tucker". We all want this to succeed - so be honest.
You need to catch up on your reading grasshopper! Here's a hint- funding! Once EM receive that, then you'll get the answer you seek!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks.....I've been viewing the owners site for a while. I'm an all-in future owner 2yrs now - so getting frustrated like many other. But I want to be able to drive one before I die. Im guessing I can bequeath this as an inheritance investment in my will - should production not happen in the next 10 years.
10 years??? Cars won't be riding on wheels by then!:D

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been thinking about posting a question for the forum for quite a while. Considering all of the progress that has been made in the last few months when will we get our last whiney, never gonna happen, I wuz robbed, anybody that still believes in Elio is an idiot post. I thought I might be too late and all of the professional pessimists had curled up and died. Not so. I am just going to sit on my stock (which has nearly doubled) and plan trips that I am going to take with #6109
That's the spirit!

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, losing your 1K doesn't seem so bad than getting a "HALF BAKED" Elio in YOUR TIME FRAME! You at least know that EM is a start up unlike FORD,etc ( with money to boot) don't you?

I really don't want a half-baked Elio. I want one that is track proven. I think we all have time to win. If I never drive mine, my daughter will still commute to college in it. By today's calculation, she will save $2,050 per year when compared to her Mustang in gasoline alone. If she only uses it to commute, I win.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am reflecting on an old movie from 1988 starring Jeff Bridges. Automotive related and extremely similar to our current Elio situation. The movie was "Tucker". An excellent idea and advancement for the era. I'm afraid we are in a position where history may repeat itself. My outlook for Elio Motors carries no positive feelings what-so-ever at this point. I would quite prefer - rather than being held on a string and handed a bone every few months - Elio: Just give us an honest reply regarding production ...... The population is heavily wavering and honestly the more bones you throw, the less interest you are building for you product. The media is having a hey day (when the "current events editor" needs fill-in space). Don't be a "Tucker". We all want this to succeed - so be honest.

Do you really think that is an appropriate first post?
Do you really think it's appropriate to imply the the folks at Elio are liars?
Do you realize that this board has no official connection with Elio Motors?
Guess you really didn't pay too much attention to the movie to so misread it?

coolken

Elio Fan
Reaction score
We just put all in for the second elio. We still hope Elio will be built, but after putting in the second $1000.00 I read more about Paul Elio company... I see he's in deep dept because he's taking $250,000. salery every year plus a woman is taking it too. If I was starting a company I sure wouldn't take all that money... It doen't look good.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We just put all in for the second elio. We still hope Elio will be built, but after putting in the second $1000.00 I read more about Paul Elio company... I see he's in deep dept because he's taking $250,000. salery every year plus a woman is taking it too. If I was starting a company I sure wouldn't take all that money... It doen't look good.

By (stupid) tradition, the CEO of a company must make at least as much money as the next-highest paid position. So if the talent they need costs them a quarter-million a year, then Paul gets paid at least as much. It's very much a "for the sake of apperances" thing, but the rich investor types would probably assume the company was secretly doing WORSE if they saw that Paul was being paid less than one of his employees.

They have a lot of debts. But that hasn't stopped such big names as Roush and Linamar from making deals and doing business with Elio, let alone all the other suppliers and investors who have tied their names and fortunes in with Elio Motors. I'm not saying there isn't a chance of failure; I'm simply saying that a lot of other business people seem to be betting that EM will succeed.

I'll trust the business sense of multi-million dollar corporations over anonymous internet posters any day of the week (even Wednesday.)

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The interesting thing to me about all the negative folks is that we will never hear from them once Eilo's are being produced. The negative FB complaint page will probably disappear. There is no way for them to save face and come back and say "I am sorry, I was wrong and you all were right". They might think it and maybe if they have a conscience feel bad for what they said and for what they posted but we will never hear from them again. And I guess that's OK. They are the ones that have to live with themselves.

Top Bottom