• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Production A Long Shot...

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The interesting thing to me about all the negative folks is that we will never hear from them once Eilo's are being produced. The negative FB complaint page will probably disappear. There is no way for them to save face and come back and say "I am sorry, I was wrong and you all were right". They might think it and maybe if they have a conscience feel bad for what they said and for what they posted but we will never hear from them again. And I guess that's OK. They are the ones that have to live with themselves.

This is why I "upvote" or "like" the negative posts that I get on that one Elio video I made. The internet saves things forever! :p

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
over time we have experienced several new members, joining at roughly the same time, who come in lobbing bombs .... we later learned that they are members of some anti Elio forums and decided to join here so as to stir things up .... I cannot say that is the case this time .... the bottom line is they usually fail in sewing controversy and frankly aren't members for very long .... as a reminder, any member who sees a post that they feel isn't in keeping forum standards has the option of reporting it .... reported post will be reviewed and handled accordingly .... as moderators, we do appreciate the support we receive

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am reflecting on an old movie from 1988 starring Jeff Bridges. Automotive related and extremely similar to our current Elio situation. The movie was "Tucker". An excellent idea and advancement for the era. I'm afraid we are in a position where history may repeat itself. My outlook for Elio Motors carries no positive feelings what-so-ever at this point. I would quite prefer - rather than being held on a string and handed a bone every few months - Elio: Just give us an honest reply regarding production ...... The population is heavily wavering and honestly the more bones you throw, the less interest you are building for you product. The media is having a hey day (when the "current events editor" needs fill-in space). Don't be a "Tucker". We all want this to succeed - so be honest.
I can certainly understand your frustration. Paul's been extremely honest -- just read the SEC filings, which are not a TV comedy, for sure. The company needs 300 million more to get the business fully running. Key to that is the ATVM loan guarantee, and key to THAT is demonstrating real-world mileage of 75 mpg highway or better.

To demonstrate the mileage, they have to build and test production cars, or cars that are indistinguishable from production cars in the qualities being tested on that vehicle. They are doing that; the first 3 test vehicles are under construction right now.

What you are calling "bones" are progress reports. Elio Motors is not sitting still waiting for the duck to fly down and give them $186 million dollars. They are encouraging the duck to fly by making progress and reporting on it.

You may choose to believe this is a Tucker-like fraud, but 53,000 or so other people do not think so.

Why does that matter, if they're just dupes of the wicked manipulator, Paul Elio? Because the book of business they represent -- and have paid up to $1,000 each to join -- is worth over $350 million dollars, and represents less than 1/2 year's output of cars at full production volume.

Those reservations aren't dreams. They are the true value of the business, and that value is so large that many people are willing to take a risk to make the rewards happen.

So yes, Elio Motors is risky and may well fail. But it is not a fraud. Nothing about it says fraud. The delays are bad news. But they are not the only thing you should look at.

So, go Tucker yourself. But you won't have to if you look at the whole picture and the pattern set by EM's communications and activities. If you do so, you may choose to hang around and be a lot more patient. Think about it.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The interesting thing to me about all the negative folks is that we will never hear from them once Eilo's are being produced. The negative FB complaint page will probably disappear. There is no way for them to save face and come back and say "I am sorry, I was wrong and you all were right". They might think it and maybe if they have a conscience feel bad for what they said and for what they posted but we will never hear from them again. And I guess that's OK. They are the ones that have to live with themselves.
But if it fails, how many of us will say "I am sorry, I was wrong and you all were right"?

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I visited ELIO facebook website just now and picked out an interesting reply from ELIO MOTORS when asked when actual production will start. Here's EM's reply verbatim:
ELIO MOTORS "Hello______, we'll be able to start production after we build and test the E-series testing vehicles (being built right now), build and test the 100 pre-production fleet sales (planned to start being built this December), and RAISE the remaining funds to tool up our Shreveport plant."

THEY JUST STATED THAT THE 100 FLEET CARS WILL BE BUILT IN SHREVEPORT

[Broken External Image]
Elio Motors
Hello Jerry, the E-Series testing vehicles are being built in our Livonia facility,
and starting with the 100 pre-production fleet sales, all Elios in the foreseeable future will be built in our Shreveport plant.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Tucker was not a Fraud; Tucker was run out of business from the Big 3 in Detroit; he was a threat to their business model.
Who ever said that Tucker was a Fraud, didn't watch the movie, read the book or look into the true story.
The Big 3 were even trying to block suppliers so that Tucker couldn't built his car.
They were having bogus charges brought against him; they did everything they could, and managed to succeed.
He did manage to build 50 of them before they shut the doors on him.

Jim Johnston

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm not too concerned about when the production date will begin. Creating the E series and now the 100 pre-order testing units is my main focus. Watching the transformation of the cabin framework and the engine mounting cell and making it all come together is plenty for this old brain. Part by part and bit by bit we'll all see the development and creation of our new mode of transportation. go Elio! Go! #8480

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm an all in sucker (#1365), and I'm only here because I can't get Elio to stop emailing me. I'm trying to forget the regretful decision to give Paul Elio $1,000, and I find it comical that people STILL think they will ever see one of these in their driveway. Wake up people-it's never going to happen. Lesson learned for me.
You said:

"I'm only here because I can't get Elio to stop emailing me"

How does being here help stop getting emails from Elio Motors?

The way you write and your choice of words sounds like some highly negative posters from the past. Are you sure you are new here or just an old negative poster reincarnated under a new name?

Sorry to hear you can not afford to loose $1000. Perhaps if you had managed your finances better...

Top Bottom