• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Production A Long Shot...

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, It's on Facebook and here's the whole quote:

John Giberson
· 23 hrs
I have "cut and pasted" a quote from Joel Sheltrown , Vice President of Governmental Affairs for Elio Motors. This comes from the new Secretary of Energy, Rick Perry:

Perry: “If confirmed, I will review the ATVM program to makes sure it achieves its goals. I will be committed to transparency and accountability with respect to government investments.”

#KeepTheFaith #ElioOnTheRoad2017 @GovernerPerry

*****************************************************************************************
It's John Giberson that said it first, and he doesn't list the source document.
So take this quote with a grain of salt until we can confirm the true source.
I would have copied this entire message and sent it to EM, but my mouse went out so I can not copy on the tablet I am using. Do we have any takers on this? This makes the most sense.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Look at post #236, I took John G's whole message and posted it; he does not give his source material either.
So I put an email out to Joel Sheltrown and asked him to send me a copy of the full message. I don't expect to hear anything back for a couple of days; when I do, I'll make sure to post it so everyone has access to it.

It helps the creditability on statements like that if they are verifiable.
If you go back to Johns FB site he has an answer for you. I can not copy it because the mouse went out for my tablet.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I copied what the person placed on the announcement as is, if you want more verification write Elio Motors. This person did not invent what is written as a hoax.
Mr. Gilberson is using an out-of-date twitter address for Rick Perry. The best current addy is @SecretaryPerry . Here is a new tweet you can send to him:

@SecretaryPerry Find out why DOE has been blocking ATVM loan for @eliomotors and thus blocking 1,500 American mfg jobs!

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mr. Gilberson is using an out-of-date twitter address for Rick Perry. The best current addy is @SecretaryPerry . Here is a new tweet you can send to him:

@SecretaryPerry Find out why DOE has been blocking ATVM loan for @eliomotors and thus blocking 1,500 American mfg jobs!
If you go to John Giberson's FB site with "Future Elio Qwners of America" you will find out why since 2014 any loans where not granted. It seems congressmen where behind it and you can just about guess who they where.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Umm travelbuzz1, there are a number of us that don't and won't do Facebook.
It's also blocked for a lot of people that connect from work.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Look at post #236, I took John G's whole message and posted it; he does not give his source material either.
So I put an email out to Joel Sheltrown and asked him to send me a copy of the full message. I don't expect to hear anything back for a couple of days; when I do, I'll make sure to post it so everyone has access to it.

It helps the creditability on statements like that if they are verifiable.
...John Giberson (Future Elio Qwners of America ) This came directly from a conversation I had with Joel Sheltrown. ( Elio Motors ). I asked for permission to share it with the group and was given such. This is another piece of information that was shared with me. "Cantwell is the lead Dem on the Committee.. Her office has been very helpful. We have been working numerous Congressional to ask questions via phone or email as to what is the issue with DOE ATVM not approving, not only Eliop, but any loans since 2014. Considerable pressure was applied by certain Congressional members. That being the case, I am for certain that DOE will know exactly why this question was asked. The question and response will be important going forward with the ATVM loan."

Top Bottom