• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

28th Annual Roth Capital Partners Conference

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul's talk to Roth Capital Partners' conference was 3/15. You can get to the slide set for Paul's presentation through their website. This is a slick presentation, and it does two good things. 1. Presents stuff we already know in a much tidier package 2. Presents quite a bit of new information.

Sign in here
http://wsw.com/webcast/roth30/elio

And this is the link to the slide show
http://wsw.com/webcast/roth30/elio/index.aspx?utm_source=hs_email

I don't know if you actually have to sign in -- I did -- but if the link immediately above doesn't work, sign in first.

We already have a thread dealing with this subject. I don't know how to link it properly, but this is the thread name...

runt2

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

We already have a thread dealing with this subject. I don't know how to link it properly, but this is the thread name...

This was good. Near the end of the question and answer segment, Paul Elio said that the E-series cars would be completed in June followed by a 4-6 month period of testing before the start of production.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This was good. Near the end of the question and answer segment, Paul Elio said that the E-series cars would be completed in June followed by a 4-6 month period of testing before the start of production.

That's what I heard too. Very insightful with many new points made. Spoke about international markets more than previously. Wonder what percentage of motorcycle sales they might get, which if I remember right googled around 480,000 for 2014. 20 percent? Just curious, another customer segment? So many possibilities, Go Elio!!!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes the whole presentation was packed with information. I was especially interested in the notion that PE has when they tool up the plant and build the 100 internal purpose vehicles (now to be sold) that that would trigger a psychological effect (that is indeed a real thing, and used quite in marketing, politics, etc) of anticipated regret, and as a result cause the demand for reservations to jump. As a behavioral health professional, I was surprised and a bit impressed PE was aware of this, and attempting to utilize the effect of perceived scarcity to drum up business, as he was discussing "derisking" Elio Motors image as they do testing demonstrate safety and fuel economy, and lock in the price. He believes they'll get a jump in reservations of between 120k - 170k this was around the 18:00 mark. I'd expect that thinking from Apple, and other really large companies and governments, but a company the size of EM? That is some shrewd, shrewd insight into behavior I was not expecting from him. Whether it will work out that way or not... who knows, but he clearly grasps the concept and is applying it correctly.

Otherwise, regarding the completion of the engineering build and testing, that's what I heard, so laying that over the their projections from last August's timeline filed with the SEC looks much more reassuring they have a plan and are working the plan. It also suggests to me EM made the decision to "sell" the 100 internal use vehicles for both tuning like they say, as well as a shrewd marketing move, e.g. they'll be able to say in the 4th qtr of this year, they are in production, though limited, and have revenue, a big deal for ATVM and potential VC.
1time copy.png

Though there's lots of published papers on the behavioral effect(s) of perceived restricted access to things this dissertation is a pretty good read in understanding what's going on, http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1045&context=businessdiss

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes the whole presentation was packed with information. I was especially interested in the notion that PE has when they tool up the plant and build the 100 internal purpose vehicles (now to be sold) that that would trigger a psychological effect (that is indeed a real thing, and used quite in marketing, politics, etc) of anticipated regret, and as a result cause the demand for reservations to jump. As a behavioral health professional, I was surprised and a bit impressed PE was aware of this, and attempting to utilize the effect of perceived scarcity to drum up business, as he was discussing "derisking" Elio Motors image as they do testing demonstrate safety and fuel economy, and lock in the price. He believes they'll get a jump in reservations of between 120k - 170k this was around the 18:00 mark. I'd expect that thinking from Apple, and other really large companies and governments, but a company the size of EM? That is some shrewd, shrewd insight into behavior I was not expecting from him. Whether it will work out that way or not... who knows, but he clearly grasps the concept and is applying it correctly.

Otherwise, regarding the completion of the engineering build and testing, that's what I heard, so laying that over the their projections from last August's timeline filed with the SEC looks much more reassuring they have a plan and are working the plan. It also suggests to me EM made the decision to "sell" the 100 internal use vehicles for both tuning like they say, as well as a shrewd marketing move, e.g. they'll be able to say in the 4th qtr of this year, they are in production, though limited, and have revenue, a big deal for ATVM and potential VC.
View attachment 8824

Though there's lots of published papers on the behavioral effect(s) of perceived restricted access to things this dissertation is a pretty good read in understanding what's going on, http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1045&context=businessdiss
Buy now! They're going fast! Only the name of the technique is new!

Top Bottom