• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

28th Annual Roth Capital Partners Conference

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An Electric Elio (doubtless to be named the "Eel") would have a redesign with a double floor under which the batteries nestle. I doubt they'd lower the vehicle ground clearance, so you could expect the Eel to be 3-4 inches higher overall, with changes to steering, suspension, wheel / tire size and exhaust routing (maybe) to match.

That makes sense to my amateur eye:boink: I hope elio's goals of 'world domination' then updating drive trains happens and doesn't take 10 years.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, right now Elios are genuinely scarce! Demand outstrips availability by about 53,000 to 1. Demand for the stock, now, well, that's something different. Demand for that is boogeying around all over the place, and the supply is more than abundant.
They are only scarce for people who know about them and think they should want one. I'm saying PE described, in not so many words, tapping a particular behavior pattern we tend to have that has nothing to do with demand for something.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are only scarce for people who know about them and think they should want one. I'm saying PE described, in not so many words, tapping a particular behavior pattern we tend to have that has nothing to do with demand for something.
Hey John of course I get it. I was just having a little fun with the idea. I do think as you do that it's extraordinary for engineer Paul Elio to be thinking in psychologically oriented terms. Either he's got a great staff or he's learning things at a fast rate.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Every time I hear about using induction recharging embedded in the roads or above the roads, I think about the electric racing tracks of my youth. Not quite the same, but close enough.

But fair warning. I remember when nuclear was sold as producing electricity which would be too cheap to meter.

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My favorite part was where Paul said after national and world domination, then he'll consider alternative drivetrains and seating arrangements. World domination!:eek:

AWD baby! Get some power to that third wheel for inclement weather!
Every time I hear about using induction recharging embedded in the roads or above the roads, I think about the electric racing tracks of my youth. Not quite the same, but close enough.

But fair warning. I remember when nuclear was sold as producing electricity which would be too cheap to meter.

Got my Son an AFX set for Christmas, trying to pry him away from all those electronic gadgets kids are into these days. As far as induction charging goes, we could power the whole setup and then some with solar if someone in Washington would just wake up and smell the silicon...

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AWD baby! Get some power to that third wheel for inclement weather!

Got my Son an AFX set for Christmas, trying to pry him away from all those electronic gadgets kids are into these days. As far as induction charging goes, we could power the whole setup and then some with solar if someone in Washington would just wake up and smell the silicon...
It would require some new technologies such a superconductors or at least approaching superconductivity at standard temperatures and pressures. It doesn't yet exist. Mobility of electricity (or more accurately it's immobility) is still the big issue for widespread use for solar generation.

Those big transmission lines you see lose tremendous quantities of power from resistance just to keep them energized. It's not an energy loss free environment most think it is.

ps This is why transmission over distance often utilizes DC, even when the system operates on AC. DC is a more efficient system for bulk movement of electrical energy. But it also makes it prone to stray voltage issues.

Last edited:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would require some new technologies such a superconductors or at least approaching superconductivity at standard temperatures and pressures. It doesn't yet exist. Mobility of electricity (or more accurately it's immobility) is still the big issue for widespread use for solar generation.

Those big transmission lines you see lose tremendous quantities of power from resistance just to keep them energized. It's not an energy loss free environment most think it is.
Should've listened to Tesla and gone wireless charging!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ps This is why transmission over distance often utilizes DC, even when the system operates on AC. DC is a more efficient system for bulk movement of electrical energy.

I agreed with everything you said except this statement. High voltage 3-phase AC is used to transmit power from generators to substations. Here is a wiki on the topic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overhead_power_line

If Edison had had his way, you'd be totally correct.

Top Bottom