• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

28th Annual Roth Capital Partners Conference

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, many wonderful theories do not translate into the real world. Energy in the air is still not resistance free and the quantities needed are far too massive. Even if those obsticles were overcome, I'm sure the byproducts would be hazardous to many if not all of us.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agreed with everything you said except this statement. High voltage 3-phase AC is used to transmit power from generators to substations. Here is a wiki on the topic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overhead_power_line

If Edison had had his way, you'd be totally correct.
I am familiar with local Transmission to the substations. I was referring long distance transmission beyond local grids. We have one near us which utilized 500KV DC current where the local transmission grid utilizes 345KV AC to the sub stations. The energy loss locally is insufficient to justify the additional expense of re-phasing the DC to AC where the expense is justified for a long haul Transmission line.

Transmission lines carrying 500KV or greater are ALMOST exclusively DC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-voltage_direct_current

Last edited:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, many wonderful theories do not translate into the real world. Energy in the air is still not resistance free and the quantities needed are far too massive. Even if those obsticles were overcome, I'm sure the byproducts would be hazardous to many if not all of us.
I mentioned Tesla's wireless charging concept somewhat tongue-in-cheek. But there's no denying his genius, so who knows what solutions he might've been able to come up with or inspire lines of inquiry for others to follow up?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I mentioned Tesla's wireless charging concept somewhat tongue-in-cheek. But there's no denying his genius, so who knows what solutions he might've been able to come up with or inspire lines of inquiry for others to follow up?
He was a genius and also developed a strange following who thought he was a magician and credited him with perpetual motion devices which cannot exist. I read on paper which would make most peoples eyes glaze over and discovered that they thought they were taking energy directly from time-space. If you understand the jargon, it is laughable.

Even geniuses have snake oil followers and Tesla has more than his share.

Top Bottom