• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

50% Bonus For "all-in" Reservations Ends September 1, 2014

GaPuddles

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Puddles, and welcome to our Merry Band of Elioites. Congrats on your full all-in.

Nice photo. Do you get to ride your bike very much? The photo looks like you were on an adventure. I was raised in south GA but ended up in San Diego after I got out of the Navy. Staying through the winter here got me hooked. With almost all our driving here on the freeway, it will be nice having the Elio. It seems most of the country spends a majority of their driving on streets and roads at slower speeds. For us it is a short distance to the freeway entrance ramp, and then off the ramp to the destination. The Elio will come in handy.
Thank you. I don't get to ride as much as I would like to but definitely ride as much as possible. That picture was taken in the middle of Daytona International Speedway during Bike Week. They let you ride in the tunnel to the infield part. Was pretty cool. I've never been further west than Texas. Where I live I am on country roads 90 percent of the time and like it that way. Takes me 45 minutes to get to work and it's only 34 miles away. I plan on using the Elio as a commuter mostly. It's a whole lot safer than riding my bike at night.

rjhope

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Your all in at $100 now and upgrade to $1000 after Sept. 1st do you stay in the $100 line or does it bump you up to the $1000 line?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your all in at $100 now and upgrade to $1000 after Sept. 1st do you stay in the $100 line or does it bump you up to the $1000 line?
eddie is correct about the "bonus" amounts. To answer your question about your place in line, you would move up to the $1000 and you would receive your reservation #

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
eddie is correct about the "bonus" amounts. To answer your question about your place in line, you would move up to the $1000 and you would receive your reservation #

interesting thought .... get in for $100 right now with a right to upgrade .... once a definite production date is set, upgrade .... move way up in the line .. :)

rjhope

Elio Fan
Reaction score
should have another all in category. You pay for your vehicle up front (say $5000 to $7000) your money is nonrefundable if your car is built. You get your money back if the vehicle is not built. Basically a contract to buy up front and if something happens and the car does not happen you get your money back. If the car is built and you back out you lose your money. Now thats a put up or shut up for both sides

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hate to be a negative nelly but this line from the recent mailing made me stop and think:

"And, for those of you who are already at the $1,000 “All In” level, how about this? Now is the perfect time to reserve a spot in line for a second Elio. Because, after all, the only thing better than one Elio is two!"​

So the awful thought that has been creeping into my mind is if reducing the incentive and asking those that are already all in if they want to buy more might be related to needing a certain number of all in at $1000 by September as some sort of milestone necessary to ensure funding. That is, I wonder if some of the blind investors stipulated a certain number of $1000 reservations by some date or ????

Yes, I'll go take a prozac and try to not think about this anymore.
I'm taking an optimistic approach to that deadline. Maybe they have a big announcement coming that they anticipate will significantly drive up reservations, so they are giving 'loyal' supporters the opportunity to get reservations/bonuses locked in before the madness starts.

Not likely, but the comments from Paul regarding his frustration over how there was so much going on 'that he couldn't share yet' got me thinking maybe there's something big coming.

Top Bottom