• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

50% Bonus For "all-in" Reservations Ends September 1, 2014

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I hate to be a negative nelly but this line from the recent mailing made me stop and think:

"And, for those of you who are already at the $1,000 “All In” level, how about this? Now is the perfect time to reserve a spot in line for a second Elio. Because, after all, the only thing better than one Elio is two!"​

So the awful thought that has been creeping into my mind is if reducing the incentive and asking those that are already all in if they want to buy more might be related to needing a certain number of all in at $1000 by September as some sort of milestone necessary to ensure funding. That is, I wonder if some of the blind investors stipulated a certain number of $1000 reservations by some date or ????

Yes, I'll go take a prozac and try to not think about this anymore.

You had me a prozac, Jeff. lol Just teasing you... but you know what, you MAY be on to something on the idea that EM for whatever reason may have a goal of a certain number of $1k reservations by a certain date. That would explain the deadline for the 50% bonus.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm probably going all in for a grand before 1 September.
What should I expect when I click the button?
Charge card? Will I get a 'serial number' do I have to pick color, options...........
You will immediately get a charge on your credit card and eventually get a production number which depends on the next cutoff date. I think it should around the Labor Day weekend which coincides with the expiration of the 50% bonus period. What else do you get? Well if this is your first reservation then you can expect a t-shirt and a bumper sticker otherwise nothing except the knowledge that you now have a firm place in line and cannot be bumped. Other than that the risks do not change and there is still no guarantee it will happen. I personally believe it will and have put my $1K down with the optimistic confidence that I will have my Elio before Christmas 2015. Others are not as optimistic. The question is are you an optimist or a pessimist?

GaPuddles

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. How lucky are you Zelio? Congratulations! After seeing the Sept 1 deadline this evening I robbed Peter to pay Paul and scrapped up my additional $900. Sure didn't want to miss out on the additional $500 but sure wish they would have given a little more heads up on a cut off date. Going to be a tight couple of months but I'm so excited to finally be able to get a number as well.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow. How lucky are you Zelio? Congratulations! After seeing the Sept 1 deadline this evening I robbed Peter to pay Paul and scrapped up my additional $900. Sure didn't want to miss out on the additional $500 but sure wish they would have given a little more heads up on a cut off date. Going to be a tight couple of months but I'm so excited to finally be able to get a number as well.
You are right. I am truly lucky to have such wonderful friends and I honestly don't even know who participated. That is the hard part. LOL I have to say though, since I made my decision to buy the Elio in January I have used my income in entirely different ways that have allowed me to save even though I have had no increase in income. Every purchase is faced with "this?" or "Elio?" 99% of the time Elio wins out hands down. LOL I can't wait to get my number and to embroider it on my Elio dress. :-) Z

GaPuddles

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't find out about Elio until April and did my all in at 100. So did my sister. I've been saving just had to accelerate it last night. Four months is super duper tight to have the other 900 especially since i just shelled out 1300 on truck repairs....but I did it and that's all that matters. I just think it's great. Nice to see people helping people instead of trying to hook and crook each other. I know one thing I"m going to need a bigger garage...LOL

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't find out about Elio until April and did my all in at 100. So did my sister. I've been saving just had to accelerate it last night. Four months is super duper tight to have the other 900 especially since i just shelled out 1300 on truck repairs....but I did it and that's all that matters. I just think it's great. Nice to see people helping people instead of trying to hook and crook each other. I know one thing I"m going to need a bigger garage...LOL
You sound like my son. He has not reserved yet because his Toyota pickup and his Honda Insight take up the bays of his garage and he doesn't have room to expand. I told him to forget about what he can't do and start looking for creative solutions so he can have the Elio too. LOL He is the one who introduced me to the Elio in January and I went all in at $100 in March. Of course I didn't have truck repairs. LOL :-) Z

GaPuddles

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm
You sound like my son. He has not reserved yet because his Toyota pickup and his Honda Insight take up the bays of his garage and he doesn't have room to expand. I told him to forget about what he can't do and start looking for creative solutions so he can have the Elio too. LOL He is the one who introduced me to the Elio in January and I went all in at $100 in March. Of course I didn't have truck repairs. LOL :) Z
I'm getting as bad as a lot of men I know. After I get the Elio I'll have 2, 3,4 and 4x4 wheels to drive. I'll have to do some serious rearranging.....

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
GaPuddles, congratulations on going all in for a grand. Should get your number next month about this time and then the really long wait begins but like many of us I am confident that it will be worth the wait.

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm

I'm getting as bad as a lot of men I know. After I get the Elio I'll have 2, 3,4 and 4x4 wheels to drive. I'll have to do some serious rearranging.....
Hello Puddles, and welcome to our Merry Band of Elioites. Congrats on your full all-in.

Nice photo. Do you get to ride your bike very much? The photo looks like you were on an adventure. I was raised in south GA but ended up in San Diego after I got out of the Navy. Staying through the winter here got me hooked. With almost all our driving here on the freeway, it will be nice having the Elio. It seems most of the country spends a majority of their driving on streets and roads at slower speeds. For us it is a short distance to the freeway entrance ramp, and then off the ramp to the destination. The Elio will come in handy.

Top Bottom