• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

50% Bonus For "all-in" Reservations Ends September 1, 2014

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you everyone, for all your good thoughts and positive feedback. I love sharing time with you each day. You will all be very happy to know that as of yesterday and thanks to some wonderful surprise gifts from friends, I am now all in for $1,000 and waiting for my number. Is it time for the numbers to be released yet? When do you think the next release will be? I know from experience it can be anywhere between 4 weeks and 10 weeks. I promise not to nag. At least not too much, anyway. LOL :) Z
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
It's interesting to get everyone's take on why the 50% bonus for all-in reservations is coming to an end. One thought is that there is enough demand being generated, such that this bonus is no longer needed. Sounds like I agree with AriLea on this. :cool: Also agree that the result of this news is that there will be a spike, at least in all-in reservations, between now and Sept. 1. Will be fun to watch.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I just received the official mass email confirming 50% offer for all reservation holders. So everyone should now become aware of this news not just those getting advance notice.

Some of the other members who received advance notice asked for some clarification of what exactly this means for the reservation system. What we are being told is that the only change is no more 50% bonus. Current reservation holders will keep any bonuses they have already been promised however any upgrades after September 1 will not receive the bonus on the additional funds.

Nothing else changes so any reservations are still for the first year of production and can be upgraded over time leap frogging ahead of other reservation holders with lower amounts except for the $1K All-In group who will continue to receive production numbers when they reach that level.

Elio Motors says they will give notice before any additional changes such as closing the first years production and/or closing out upgrades and assigning everyone a production number.

scooter217

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Thank you everyone, for all your good thoughts and positive feedback. I love sharing time with you each day. You will all be very happy to know that as of yesterday and thanks to some wonderful surprise gifts from friends, I am now all in for $1,000 and waiting for my number. Is it time for the numbers to be released yet? When do you think the next release will be? I know from experience it can be anywhere between 4 weeks and 10 weeks. I promise not to nag. At least not too much, anyway. LOL :) Z

EM said the next batch of numbers for all-in should be released the first week of September.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Fellow math and statistic nerds... lend me your ear. LOL

What's your guess as to the amount of money generated between now and Sept 1, from all-in folks that will upgrade to take advantage of the 50% bonus before it goes away? Tell us how you come to your amount too.

I'll start, without thinking too much... most upgrades will come from folks at the all-in $100 level, but there will be some at the 250 and 500 level that will upgrade... that moves the $900 generated per upgrade, down to maybe $800 IMO.

The number of 25,000+ folks that are all-in and will upgrade? I'm going to take a super wild a____ guess and say ... 2500.

2500 * $800 = $2,000,000 generated by all-in upgrades. Not a bad chunk of change...

If I remember correctly, refundable deposits cannot upgrade, they'd need to put in the full amount of the deposit for the all-in, to get the 50% bonus. I believe I read that as stated by EM on a FB post.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yay! I'm a little behind reading up on the posts but was ready to help you if we could figure out a way to do it.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fellow math and statistic nerds... lend me your ear. LOL

What's your guess as to the amount of money generated between now and Sept 1, from all-in folks that will upgrade to take advantage of the 50% bonus before it goes away? Tell us how you come to your amount too.

I'll start, without thinking too much... most upgrades will come from folks at the all-in $100 level, but there will be some at the 250 and 500 level that will upgrade... that moves the $900 generated per upgrade, down to maybe $800 IMO.

The number of 25,000+ folks that are all-in and will upgrade? I'm going to take a super wild a____ guess and say ... 2500.

2500 * $800 = $2,000,000 generated by all-in upgrades. Not a bad chunk of change...

If I remember correctly, refundable deposits cannot upgrade, they'd need to put in the full amount of the deposit for the all-in, to get the 50% bonus. I believe I read that as stated by EM on a FB post.

Those seem like reasonable figures. Traditionally, we've been at 25% of all reservations were at the $1,000 all-in-one level. I would bet that number will increase to... 35-40%. We'll know around September.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z, CONGRATULATIONS, and I know many of us on the forum are happy for you. Isn't it wonderful to have great friends who obviously value your friendship and support your desires.
Congratulations Z!

Hopefully it happens sooner for you but If I were to hazard a guess I would say that EM will likely just wait for this offer 50% bonus offer to expire and then issue one big batch. They already have a history of issuing numbers around major holidays and labor day this year looks like it will be very big for them.

What they said!!!! I'm very happy for you and anxiously waiting to hear your number.

Top Bottom