• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

600 Lb Gorilla

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Moderator Comment: So everyone understands I will restate the moderators view on the 'Off Topic' forum:

The forum moderation staff generally stays hands-off and keeps moderation extra light in the 'Off Topic' forum. We allow discussions on most topics in this area of the site as long as members are being generally respectful towards each other, generally following along with the flow of the conversation, and nobody is encouraging or engaging in activities which could be inflammatory and/or illegal. We may also intervene in any discussion if the forum staff feels the discussion is detrimental in any way to the site or our members.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
this is not the place for political/social ideologies. this could easily get out of hand, and I for one don't think that should be happening, there are plenty of sites that would be only too happy for your discussion. I disagree, to let this slip, besides he wants to delete it himself
Was it Shakespeare who says "me thinks ye protest too much." Nothing has slipped so far but your rationale. Everyone so far has illustrated a consensus of the difference between truth and opinion. As long as that prevails nothing should get too heated here. I remain convinced that those who can't make the distinction who rush so protest.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tis better to remain silent and appear foolish, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Thanks Eddie. I needed that. I'm collecting truisms and I had forgotten that one. Here's one for all you people that don't understand the danger of this large and powerful Government. This may help you know where I'm coming from and why I'm passionate about our founding fathers. I believe if was Thomas Jefferson who said," It takes a very strong Government to support a lie. The truth can stand on its own."

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Eddie. I needed that. I'm collecting truisms and I had forgotten that one. Here's one for all you people that don't understand the danger of this large and powerful Government. This may help you know where I'm coming from and why I'm passionate about our founding fathers. I believe if was Thomas Jefferson who said," It takes a very strong Government to support a lie. The truth can stand on its own." Rather
Folks, We don't always see eye to eye, but at least you started your own thread to discuss what you want, instead of interupting important discussions like which side the gas cap is on, so I won't rain on your parade. Not too much anyway. Carry on.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
if that doesn't work, how 'bout that Elgin ..;)

Jim

Or, a couple of things no one has thought about here.
Witch Side will the radiator cap be on and witch side will the Dip-Stick be on.
Two very important things we need to discuss!!!
And don't say the dip-stick is on my side of this keyboard, I'm using.lol
What we think about politics will not mean a thing, in the morning.lol

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My parents taught me that at a very early age to respect law enforcement. Respect the uniform No mention of skin color or politics. Respect the uniform. Cop says stop - you stop. Cop says don't move - you don't move. It's so sad this young boy died. I wonder what his parents taught him.

My father (R.I.P.) was a Denver cop back when I was growing up in SW Denver, and my brother-in-law is a Franklin County Sheriff, and I totally agree with everything you just wrote. And while, yes, the parents need...no, must be the main influence on their children, after they reach the age of 10, peer pressure becomes a huge part of the way they'll end up. If the parents don't see the change for the worst and act on it (nip it in the bud), stuff like this will always, unfortunately, happen.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
witch side will the Dip-Stick be on.

side ..
confused.gif
.. you mean it won't be in the middle ..
jawdrop.gif

Jim

Top Bottom