• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Advertising Incentives

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope we realize that at this point very few people have actually even heard about Elio. Elio needs as many reservations as possible as that is a huge indicator for potential investors of how viable this could be as a business. As Elio receives more reservations it makes it easier for them to raise the funding necessary to bring this to market which is why they already offer even bigger incentives for those us willing to put our money down.

Navigator

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think a incentive plan set up by Elio marketing giving a bonus for every new reservation signed-up due to a referral would work? For example, individuals with current reservations could enroll in the program and be assigned an ID code number. People recruited who sign-up with a deposit would list the ID code number on the on-line application where it would say REFERRED BY: __________. The size of the bonus earned by the person doing the recruiting would vary with the level of deposit made by the person completing the application. People who sign up for the incentive program would be sent a packet of information that would be helpful in telling the Elio story. Elio Motors could potentially have thousands of eager new sales representatives selling their autocycle. :D

The goal being to speed up reservations in hopes of getting EM to actual vehicle production quicker.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OnlyCoin does that very thing to help get people interested in their new credit card replacement (several cards fit on one and uses... blah blah... it's interesting though). They pay a flat $5 to you for every referal you get within a certain time range up to your full price of the card which is $50 for early adopters, $100 after it kicks off. Anyway, Elio could offer a miniscule amount - say 5% of the reservation amount so you'd get between $5 and $50 for each reservation depending on level. But, I think they are getting the numbers they want already. If you fast forward to production time, they'll want to get a bunch of these things out to the public... Every $1,000 all-in person costs them $500 profit right from the get-go. They want to maintain popularity and momentum right up to production so that people are still excited when it launches. That, is my opinion, at least.

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is an idea: if we get someone, a friend, family member, even a total stranger, to sign up for an Elio, it would be great if we got some kind of reward. So, some way needs to be set up so we can "sponsor" someone and spread the word. I know once they are on the road, every time you stop someone will come up to you and ask what you are driving. If you could hand them a card with your Sponsor ID and they later decide to buy an Elio, a bit of reward would come your way. Perhaps points that can be traded in on accessories, or credit on the finance credit card, etc. What do you think?

Moderator Comment: Merged into existing topic thread

Last edited by a moderator:

lkptpete

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Does someone from the company read this site? I have an idea... You have some hi quality window vinyls made to advertise the car/website, etc... Person agrees to advertise Elio with sticker on back window of car, you give person a credit of some amount (maybe say $100) if/when they purchase an Elio. Very low initial cost to Elio, great exposure to the masses, and you only "pay" advertising cost IF the user ends up buying the car!

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assume, that you are talking about putting an "Elio Sticker" on the vehicle that you CURRENTLY drive. Such a program would be 'un-enforceable' (put the sticker on an old clunker, sitting in your driveway), and would be of 'little value' to Elio Motors! IMO

lkptpete

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I
Since this vehicle will stand out like a mini pink elephant I believe we will all be advertising for free with or without a sticker. In my opinion the biggest spike to Elio sales will happen when we (the consumers) start rolling down the highways with these. I did however start a similar post questioning if anyone would consider if the reward or benefit was there to rent/sell sticker placement on their Elio since as mentioned they will get A lot of attention at least for the first few years. (Think Red Bull cars only not as over the top). I would personally gladly rent sticker space (like a race car) to defer my monthly cost. Not sure there would be a gain for Elio though.
I meant vinyls to put on our CURRENT cars, silly!

Top Bottom