• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Alright, So I Made An Elio Commercial...

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think they will know their production capacity when it comes time to pay for the hard tooling. That is when they will say "Oh BTW, we didn't get enough investors, so only half the production lines are running and the price will be $7500 instead of $6800." There is no hard-and-fast promise that they must deliver for any given price, it has always been an estimate and the reservation has never been a guarantee of anything.

But if that $700 difference means so much to you, they'd probably let you delay picking up your reservation until all the production lines are operating and they can drop the price.

I wouldn't worry, though. I suspect that by the time they begin seeking the production money, there will be lines of investors and almost a full year of production backlog already on reservation. #optimist

Nah, I would gladly pay the extra $700 for an Elio in my driveway. I had planned on it already, just wondering when we thought the decision on the sale price would be made and announced.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nah, I would gladly pay the extra $700 for an Elio in my driveway. I had planned on it already, just wondering when we thought the decision on the sale price would be made and announced.

best PURE guess --- shortly before they begin contacting early reservation holders to get a list of the options they whey want built into their Elio

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could see Elio Motors waiting to see what options the early reservation holders order to see what profits they can make on those options before they finalize the base price.
I don't think they could get away with that. I don't think they think they can either. You kind of need to show the price before an order can be placed. And they won't be able to let you order options with out ordering the car at the same time.
I suppose they could send out surveys to see what people -think they may want, but that is about as reliable as the A+ program. i.e some but not all.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors should have tapped into the large group of supporter who put their own money down to get suggestions on what was their driving reason to purchase the vehicle. Their advertisement missed the boat. There is no better endorsement of a product than users. Even better, users that put money down prior to receiving the product. That's commitment. That sells.

Elias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If only I could be so constructive when I was bored!
Very nice.
If only I could be so constructive when I was bored!
Very nice. You should upload to youtube if you haven't already. Show the world what's the next best thing since the volkswagen.
Made in the U.S.A.............

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think they could get away with that. I don't think they think they can either. You kind of need to show the price before an order can be placed. And they won't be able to let you order options with out ordering the car at the same time.
I suppose they could send out surveys to see what people -think they may want, but that is about as reliable as the A+ program. i.e some but not all.
I guess you are right, but a survey to the 1000 all in before they send the final notice that it's time to place your order would give them an indication of what they could expect.

Top Bottom