• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Altc Designs

Do you like this first design?

• Total voters

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't consider Tilters as good examples of the type, they are however a popular concept, if a bit tighter of a niche.
I lke the geo-stablized 2 wheeler better, if they can get it to work admirably. Is a test drive out yet?
But I'm talking style variations in my corner. Anyway, this is academic really, I'm already committed, on that basis of labor-o-love.
Stupid-is as stupid does.
I like your concept and I like your reasoning behind it. If 3 wheelers that were efficient but sporty became popular, is a 50mpg Elio sporting 186 HP out of the question? That would give the Elio a power to weight ratio of 7.688 lbs/hp. Why that number? Because then the Elio would be in serious company as the a Corvette Stingray's power to weight ratio is 7.248 as well. (I gave the Elio an extra 100 pounds of body fat assuming that the extra horsepower would weigh a bit more.)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to try and convince them that some model diversity is in their best interest. For sure they want to hit overseas sales early on. But increasing your profit margin with other products gives them more financial leverage to so. That would be my point.

I'm just a person out here in cyberspace, so a physical vehicle should give me a bit more ear, would ya think?.

But in any case there is also EV supercars, which is getting to be a lucrative market with high margins, and very suitable for autocycles, IMHO. I would do both if it didn't distract from other company goals.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to try and convince them that some model diversity is in their best interest. For sure they want to hit overseas sales early on. But increasing your profit margin with other products gives them more financial leverage to so. That would be my point.

I'm just a person out here in cyberspace, so a physical vehicle should give me a bit more ear, would ya think?.

But in any case there is also EV supercars, which is getting to be a lucrative market with high margins, and very suitable for autocycles, IMHO. I would do both if it didn't distract from other company goals.
Elio probably feels the same way right now.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think this is possibly the final headlight/grill combo for the first iteration of the Atlantric. It's close anyway, and the projector and marker lights are lower cost than other options. Simple to implement and straight forward styling that just 'belongs'.
WP_20150924_18_48_30_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think this is possibly the final headlight/grill combo for the first iteration of the Atlantric. It's close anyway, and the projector and marker lights are lower cost than other options. Simple to implement and straight forward styling that just 'belongs'.
View attachment 7027

Looks good! I'm curious. How do you get in and out of your creation? Canopy-style top would work, but would require some fender walking to get in. A door, even gullwing would need to be huge...no biggie since you're using lightweight materials. Just trying to picture it.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks good! I'm curious. How do you get in and out of your creation? Canopy-style top would work, but would require some fender walking to get in. A door, even gullwing would need to be huge...no biggie since you're using lightweight materials. Just trying to picture it.
This image has the hatch line added. That's a reasonably straight line front to back on a nearly flat plain. Like the Messerschmitt kr200 tradition, it opens from the side. Except it also opens on either side. If you open both it comes clean off, and can be replaced by another top style. I like options. :cool:
WP_20150924_18_48_30_Pro.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My daughter is so funny! I've had the 'plug' in the garage for like 2 1/2 years. Worked on it for about 1.5. But when I put the casting 'wall' up on the back-end with those support ribs, now she suddenly thinks it looks interesting. I guess an aerodynamic spoiler tail would be with-in her set of style attractions. Maybe in a sport model eh?
WP_20151004_10_38_01_Pro.jpg
WP_20151004_10_38_32_Pro.jpg
WP_20151004_10_38_56_Pro.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is cost a consideration? I know there are small turbine engines that would easily fit (and produce 100-200+HP) that would be perfect for a high performance serial hybrid drivetrain.
Cost? lol, yes that's the main issue for me. But to sell to someone else? I'm not sure how that could be licensed above board. The tech-hacker way is to build out as an EV drive with a nominal battery pack, and add the turbine-genset as a strap-in assessory. (yup, I've considered such things)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
How thick of a pour do you do for molds? Your dams look like they could handle about 8" thick.
Very creative on the supports, :clap2: must have taken hours to make everything.
Wish you would have had a video camera going; I would have loved to seen it being built.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why is it that we did not see anything like this when the Elio body panels were being built?
Just one day UPS shows up with the panels. Sign here sir.

No, really, How were the body panels made?

Top Bottom