• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Another Year Gone By...has Anything Changed?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It is so good to hear "other" news rather then people bitching about how EM is doing it wrong, thank you EKH, that is such a ray of sunshine in this collection of "we know betters" it's really good to hear.
I think you are the only one doing this now; and it used to be such a positive place; now everyone else is dragging the feet and kicking up stones thinking they've all fallen from the sky. It's gotten so contagious that it's hard to be any kind of positive.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The folks at EM are NOT sitting around singing the blues. They are actively pursuing major investors, but it's not a rapid process.
As for the ATVM, the program does not depend on physical cars -- they have seen the physical car, which was in DC recently. What ATVM cares about, and has cared about all along, is getting the big loan repaid -- so it's the business case that's giving them hissy fits. That was telegraphed last summer when they said 65,000 paid reservations were not real evidence of demand.

What is needed is a directive from on high, and that's not easy to get -- but there are some properly placed people who DO understand the social and economic importance of this project, even in the topsy-turvy world of today's Washington. Do not give up. There's no need to do so.

I'm all in and holding on to my 1000 shares until the bitter end :D

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a little sad to see so few comments encouraging the members instead of the "Realists" telling us with the all knowing air of authority that the Elio will never be produced. We all know that there is a possibility that it will not be produced. Enough already! Zelio would be chiding every one of us for our poor attitudes. We all see the benefits of the Elio, and I assume every one on this forum wants theirs delivered. If you feel the need to throw cold water on that optimism, then try to resist that urge. This used to be a lot more upbeat, and I know we are singing in the wind, but Paul has to know that we still back him. He is the one that has put up more than any other one. This may be the Valley Forge for him, but we still need to help him get over the last hurdle. Being a critic is of no use to anyone.

I have Elio pictures up on my wall in my office, and I still plan on driving mine to Mayo in the Territory of Yukon Canada to show it to Mike who runs the pizza shop there. We are going to have a great time talking about all the goings on in the lower 48. Life runs on a more pleasant and measured pace up there. I may move up there and really test the snow capability of the Elio.

Go Elio. Rocket silver with a "Z" somewhere worked in for the eternal optimist.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a little sad to see so few comments encouraging the members instead of the "Realists" telling us with the all knowing air of authority that the Elio will never be produced. We all know that there is a possibility that it will not be produced. Enough already! Zelio would be chiding every one of us for our poor attitudes. We all see the benefits of the Elio, and I assume every one on this forum wants theirs delivered. If you feel the need to throw cold water on that optimism, then try to resist that urge. This used to be a lot more upbeat, and I know we are singing in the wind, but Paul has to know that we still back him. He is the one that has put up more than any other one. This may be the Valley Forge for him, but we still need to help him get over the last hurdle. Being a critic is of no use to anyone.

I have Elio pictures up on my wall in my office, and I still plan on driving mine to Mayo in the Territory of Yukon Canada to show it to Mike who runs the pizza shop there. We are going to have a great time talking about all the goings on in the lower 48. Life runs on a more pleasant and measured pace up there. I may move up there and really test the snow capability of the Elio.

Unfortunately something has changed between the good ol' days and today. We no longer get meaningful updates, the tours have stopped, commercials have stopped, and according to the SEC filings they are out of cash and barely limping along. Even after going public we used to get updates on the E series progress but now, almost nothing. The latest we heard about development was from simulations around fender design and rear visibility. So for all we know one engineer running simulations is all that is being done.

I am not saying nothing is being done in the background, it is just that it appears that way. So the lack of progress and having burned through all of their cash makes for a less than bright picture.

Personally I do think they are making more progress in the background than it appears, but that is just blind faith. And I still stand behind the company and the idea, but until we get some positive updates and not blog posts about states or rehashes of posts from last year we are going to continue to see the naysayers gaining ground.

As always, GO ELIO!!!

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All of this could be resolved. Elio caused all of this discontent due to what they did in the past be not living up to their promises. So, it's up to them to clear the air. One thing that Elio should do is put a thing on their website where you can email them your questions. Then in a week, they will take the top 5-10 questions (based on the number of times the same question is asked) and answer them in a video. Be up front to everyone, recognize the problems, challenges and what the plan is to go forward. Don't sugarcoat the answers or patronize the reservation holders. Spell it out.

Doing nothing or answering emails with a canned response is not doing them any good. People would rather you be up front with them and let them know you are doing the best you can with what you got as opposed to just talking about past accomplishments and making another deadline knowing that will not even be met.

Just doing this will reduce the amount of gloom and doom by 80%. Not doing it will just keep it increasing at an accelerated rate.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What worries me the most it the simple fact that they have stopped promoting. There can be only two reasons to stop seeking reservations, IMHO (please correct me if you can think of others...) One: there is no light at the end of the tunnel. If there were 'light at the end' there is no cause to stop pursuing customers. Two: If EM, in good faith, really believes there is a viable path to success they can, and should, continue to promote their autocycle. If they honestly do not believe it is possible they are duty bound (and restitution distancing) to stop any further promotion. There has been no promotion, not seeking reservations is tantamount to completely stopping operations.

Call this 'negative,' 'trolling, ' whatever; I maintain that Elio's early censorship, and one private web site's censorship, of conflicting opinion ended up not only getting the ire up of people that created even more 'negative' buzzz but also robbed EM of seeing mistakes they were making, along the way. IMHO, Elio dropped the ball numerous times with unfocused marketing (expensive Tee shirts, for one) and at key times put out almost insultingly inane updates. When important milestones needed to come together, like the engine, nothing materialized.

I am not surprised that we are where we are.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

As much as I like to bitch... I've still got a full screen background image of the P5 and it's crew at one of the shows on the desktop computer.

Top Bottom