• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Another Year Gone By...has Anything Changed?

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"There is another potential reason for EM to go into quiet mode. They are working on a highly likely funding path behind the scenes that doesn't require any further proof of market viability."

Maybe, but is it really even remotely possible that suspending marketing/sales/visibility would be a requirement for any conceivable investor?

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was due to them running out of money and being forced to curtail there business sharply for the time being. 100K isn't much to work with especially considering some employees make 250K a year.

As one member said, most partners don't dump you when you don't pay them, they just don't work on your project. Which makes sense. That way if Elio gets some more money to pay them they will do some more work.

In the end, I think you just have to believe what you want on why the endless tours has halted and why more engineering vehicles are not being built. Until an official announcement.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There can be only two reasons to stop seeking reservations, IMHO (please correct me if you can think of others...) One: there is no light at the end of the tunnel. If there were 'light at the end' there is no cause to stop pursuing customers. Two: If EM, in good faith, really believes there is a viable path to success they can, and should, continue to promote their autocycle. If they honestly do not believe it is possible they are duty bound (and restitution distancing) to stop any further promotion. There has been no promotion, not seeking reservations is tantamount to completely stopping operations.
What makes you think they have stopped seeking reservations? If that were the case, they would simply stop accepting reservations. They have not done so. If they were going to shut down, they would shut down.

In addition, they stated in one of their prior blog posts that since the E1C was already in the area after the last show, that they have taken it back to the prototype shop for more work. I expect that once that work is done, they will return to the touring circuit. It should be obvious after the last few weeks that the touring circuit was still bringing in the reservations.

All of this could be resolved. Elio caused all of this discontent due to what they did in the past be not living up to their promises. So, it's up to them to clear the air.
Sure, because that's worked so well in the past. Paul and pothers being completely honest, and then torn apart by wild dogs the next time some minor little thing doesn't go exactly as described. They've tried that in the past, and gotten burned. So now we get to suffer with lack of information because of it.

If you don't believe in the project, then don't put your money on the line. If you already have some skin in the game, then stop being so damned fatalistic, and wait like the rest of us.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"If you don't believe in the project, then don't put your money on the line. If you already have some skin in the game, then stop being so damned fatalistic, and wait like the rest of us [to be fatalistic as well]"

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was one of the lucky few who sold a bunch at $70.....now I'm back up to 1K shares :D

Some of us, (many?) look like, at best, we will either get a vehicle with some relative discounts, or we will lose some money. Some can rationalize the loss because of the agreement. I do not think Paul Elio intended this to be a scam, if he did he's pretty darn stupid to "brand" it with his name!!!

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing much has changed nothing much is likely to. Money is the issue , there is none. I find it funny how all the time this site has been up they jumped your tail if you said one bad word against the last WH. But open season on this one. Funny how a WH that just got here is being blamed for this and not the 8 years of taxpayer money being wasted on phony green projects now nothing left to help a good bet like ELIO. That is how it seems to work now days .
Who knows maybe in a couple years we can buy an ELIO as a Kit bike. Spend a few years digging up all the parts and making what we need to build one.
Paul nor ELIO was ever a scam. I was clear the risk we were taking. If you got on board you should have known it was an 80% chance you would never see one. PE never lied. He was also not the one that could lead ELIO to market. He should have stuck to the dream and allowed others to build it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Quote for the Day on the local Donut Shop wall:

IMG_1829.JPG

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny how a WH that just got here is being blamed for this and not the 8 years of taxpayer money being wasted on phony green projects now nothing left to help a good bet like ELIO.
https://www.tesla.com/de_AT/blog/tesla-repays-department-energy-loan-nine-years-early
PALO ALTO, Calif.-- Tesla Motors announced that it has paid off the entire loan awarded to the company by the Department of Energy in 2010. In addition to payments made in 2012 and Q1 2013, today’s wire of almost half a billion dollars ($451.8M) repays the full loan facility with interest. Following this payment, Tesla will be the only American car company to have fully repaid the government.

https://energy.gov/public-services/funding-financing
The Energy Department supports a number of grant, loan and financing programs. Learn more about these programs and how they can help you -- whether you are a startup energy business looking to launch a pilot project, a company with proven technology that needs help reaching commercial scale, or a state, local or tribal government looking for funding resources for energy projects.

https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/f...VM-Driving-Economic-Growth_FINAL_Jan-2016.pdf
Since the Loan Programs Office (LPO) closed its first ATVM loan in 2009, more than $8 billion has been committed to projects that have supported the production of more than 4 million fuel-efficient cars and more than 35,000 direct jobs across eight states. These loans helped to build new manufacturing facilities, and retool and modernize aging plants across the United States.

Top Bottom