• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Another Year Gone By...has Anything Changed?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was due to them running out of money and being forced to curtail there business sharply for the time being. 100K isn't much to work with especially considering some employees make 250K a year.

As one member said, most partners don't dump you when you don't pay them, they just don't work on your project. Which makes sense. That way if Elio gets some more money to pay them they will do some more work.

In the end, I think you just have to believe what you want on why the endless tours has halted and why more engineering vehicles are not being built. Until an official announcement.
PE of EM is like a long distance runner, he sprinted, maintained speed, relaxed and is on his SECOND WIND! Really important news should be forthcoming I can only assume but I'm hoping for the "good" news.;)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://www.tesla.com/de_AT/blog/tesla-repays-department-energy-loan-nine-years-early
PALO ALTO, Calif.-- Tesla Motors announced that it has paid off the entire loan awarded to the company by the Department of Energy in 2010. In addition to payments made in 2012 and Q1 2013, today’s wire of almost half a billion dollars ($451.8M) repays the full loan facility with interest. Following this payment, Tesla will be the only American car company to have fully repaid the government.

https://energy.gov/public-services/funding-financing
The Energy Department supports a number of grant, loan and financing programs. Learn more about these programs and how they can help you -- whether you are a startup energy business looking to launch a pilot project, a company with proven technology that needs help reaching commercial scale, or a state, local or tribal government looking for funding resources for energy projects.

https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/f...VM-Driving-Economic-Growth_FINAL_Jan-2016.pdf
Since the Loan Programs Office (LPO) closed its first ATVM loan in 2009, more than $8 billion has been committed to projects that have supported the production of more than 4 million fuel-efficient cars and more than 35,000 direct jobs across eight states. These loans helped to build new manufacturing facilities, and retool and modernize aging plants across the United States.
Which brings to mind how a lot of people here are of the opinion that EM is supposed to basically have a gag order on them...
Because they're a publicly traded company now. I personally have never bought that bag of beans.
If that were case, why didn't Elon go to jail for making that announcement?

I really don't see where EM keeping us more informed is against anyone's policy. I think it's an excuse for no news.

Honestly, I think a lot of people often defend EM a little more than they deserve.

Last edited:

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've never offered up the "gag order" as a defense of Elio, just a fact of life for any public company. Imagine if PE said they had a major announcement about an investor next week. What would that do to share prices? The SEC might see that as a manipulation and get EM in hot water. So... important news is only going to be revealed as it happens. If they make progress on the vehicle, I don't see any reason that can't be announced, but that event would be something that is factual and has recently happened. I don't think any public company is permitted to speculate openly, just the facts ma'am.

I'm not a stock player, and I don't know where the SEC draws the line. These just seem like obvious limitations, that to me, would help prevent shenanigans in the market.

Things often do not work the way my logic would dictate them to. :oops:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've never offered up the "gag order" as a defense of Elio, just a fact of life for any public company. Imagine if PE said they had a major announcement about an investor next week. What would that do to share prices? The SEC might see that as a manipulation and get EM in hot water. So... important news is only going to be revealed as it happens. If they make progress on the vehicle, I don't see any reason that can't be announced, but that event would be something that is factual and has recently happened. I don't think any public company is permitted to speculate openly, just the facts ma'am.

I'm not a stock player, and I don't know where the SEC draws the line. These just seem like obvious limitations, that to me, would help prevent shenanigans in the market.

Things often do not work the way my logic would dictate them to. :oops:
They can say that they are in talks with a potential investor, they could not say anything else. They can say anything they want about the progress of the vehicle.

Top Bottom