• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anti-tipping Device

Mike 4737

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A guy I worked for years back had a Subaru 360 "pickup truck", and it was messed with regularly. I can see the benefits of the Infinite Skyz system, for sure. Here's a photo...
View attachment 4098
I had the Subaru 360 Deluxe, I chained it to fences :) , my parents had the van

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get the Infinite Skyz option ,it will alarm and call you when the Elio is being messed with.

that is my prime motivator in considering getting the Skyz option .... my biggest area of concern remains the additional monthly cost .... as one who has never owned a "Smart Phone" and who still uses a Razor phone that simply makes phone calls (no text, no nothing), this is a world with which I'm totally unfamiliar

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
that is my prime motivator in considering getting the Skyz option .... my biggest area of concern remains the additional monthly cost .... as one who has never owned a "Smart Phone" and who still uses a Razor phone that simply makes phone calls (no text, no nothing), this is a world with which I'm totally unfamiliar

A well rated 'full replacement' insurance may make more sense........... :)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A well rated 'full replacement' insurance may make more sense........... :)

possibly .... however, if you file a claim, I'm pretty sure I know what happens to the premium .... in addition, after a 30+ year career working in NC's prison system I really like the idea of being able to present the police with a video that can lead to an arrest .... I want 'um in jail with record that will haunt them for life

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some of us have had concerns about Elio tipping or people lifting the rear end of the car and moving it when it is parked.

So here's a suggestion:

Install a "squat switch" on the rear suspension.

If weight is removed from the rear wheel while the vehicle ignition is in the "off" position (or alarm is selected "on") that a 120db alarm sounds. (with option of 120,000v electric shock :D)

A little deterrence goes a long way.
Just make sure it is disarmed when driving. It'd be odd with every bump, the car would let out a scream! :D

Top Bottom