• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anti-tipping Device

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I use the readily available Smith&Wesson anti-tamper/anti-theft devices for my motorcycles with great success. I expect they will perform just as well with my Elio.
Unfortunately the Constitution doesn't apply here in the Demokratic People's Repulik so I don't have that option. Maybe when I move back to the United States I can use that device. I'm partial to the little plastic Austrians. :D

ternion

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of us have had concerns about Elio tipping or people lifting the rear end of the car and moving it when it is parked.

So here's a suggestion:

Install a "squat switch" on the rear suspension.

If weight is removed from the rear wheel while the vehicle ignition is in the "off" position (or alarm is selected "on") that a 120db alarm sounds. (with option of 120,000v electric shock :D)

A little deterrence goes a long way.

Alarm should sound from hidden speakers at ear level when in a lifting position.

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope you never have or need to use it. I found that being conspicuous when going to and coming from the range was all the deterrent I need.

It was a tool on the toolbelt. One I never had to use to accomplish the task in front of me. You just never know though. Even now the dregs of society are targeting Law Enforcement, past and present. What has happened to this World??

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
that is my prime motivator in considering getting the Skyz option .... my biggest area of concern remains the additional monthly cost .... as one who has never owned a "Smart Phone" and who still uses a Razor phone that simply makes phone calls (no text, no nothing), this is a world with which I'm totally unfamiliar
DITTO

Top Bottom