• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the failure of Elio Motors was a forgone conclusion the detractors would not be wasting their valuable time on this forum stating such failure. (what is your motivation?)

If Elio Motors was perceived as a bad idea or investment I would not be tying up one cent of my hard earned money or wasting one second of my time on this forum supporting it.

Of the one thousand plus members on this forum less than one half of one percent are predicting failure. Why? Because most of them simply, without any hard fast evidence, feel, think or state they believe so. The rest of us have put money down based on real world events:

The assembly of very talented and proven automobile industry engineers and executives.

Lining up respected automobile industry component and parts suppliers.
The exhibition of the P4 Prototype.

Development of a new engine specifically designed for this vehicle.
Securing a production facility.
Lobbying State Governments for the uniform laws/codes on the description and
operation of the vehicle.
And many more. Future Elio Owners, feel free to add to this list.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.... This process is why EM is saying we will not see the P5, as we have the other prototypes, as it will quickly enter testing and be used to assist E series production.
Sure the 'P5' will not join the "Elio Road Show"..... but no reason why we can't SEE it...... in the weekly BLOGS, and other 'promotional' materials!

ctfink

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
My highest level feeling is that I will continue the way I started out. My $100-non-refundable reservation was do-able because I have burned a hundred bucks on dinner & cocktails several times and survived. Never gamble more than you are willing to lose. I will not upgrade to $500 or $1000 because of that reason and I will still be in line because I reserved in May 2013. I also will wait(because I have to) maybe not patiently but excitingly. The longer it takes the more $5-dollar bills I am dropping into the Elio bucket every week!!! Good luck to us all & keep the faith. :) ps: Am I confident??? Take a look at my current m/c plate that will be transferred when it's time!

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a mystery to me how you can arrive at such conclusion. If I did't feel that this vehicle was "right for me" I would not have put down a deposit, and would not waste my time following any and all news and development of Elio.
No one could be wishing more than I that this vehicle come to market. But I also have a keen sense of observation and criticism, which prevents me from accepting desirable prospects on mere faith and desirability. That leaves us with "wishful thinking".
I'll tell you something else that I strongly believe:
It has always been difficult to overcome weak financing and bring a revolutionary product to market. There are many reasons for that, including opposition from established business and manufacturers who feel threatened by such competition. Most projects fail because of that, and some fail because they were planned as scams. There is plenty of documented evidence for this, just Google it.
Let's exclude the scam possibility, that leaves the financing problem. I am absolutely convinced that this problem could be overcome if the blind, ignorant, and simply stupid masses would stand behind it in force and insist on seeing it brought to market. There are enough ultra-rich individuals among us who could just take over the financing of initial production. It obviously would be of great benefit not only to our population, but to mankind in general. You can tell that this is the right direction to take when established, successful manufacturers like VW bring out concept cars like the VW Nils: http://www.caranddriver.com/news/volkswagen-nils-ev-concept-auto-shows
These types of concept intros hardly ever make it to a show room, but serve the company image of being avant-garde. And if ever seen at a dealership they would be way overpriced. I am currently unaware of any concept project that is planned to be brought to market for more or less "pocket change", like Elio. Only total morons can be opposed to such a concept.
All that being said, I am still enough of a pragmatist to keep eyes and ears open to actual facts, and not listen to my hopes and desires only. It does not mean I am opposed to any part of the project. I fervently wish it all the success it should have, but I still need to see more evidence of this success.

Oh yea of little faith, Alfred. To quote the greatest to have ever walked this earth: "Examine my hands, Thomas. Believe"

Top Bottom