• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Be Careful What You Wish For.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think you're right Craig, I hope EM doesn't think they have to cater to the push-button crowd, since I don't think they're going to be early adopters of the Elio concept anyway. I just want basic commuter transport, not a rolling box of buttons and gadgets. I'd be perfectly happy choosing and installing what I want to add to my base model and leave others to do the same. People who will spend an extra $5000 to have every button the dashboard can hold will not likely be Elio buyers anyway. Power folding mirrors?? give me a break!

Reaction score
Husband bought his first brand new vehicle a few years ago. He played hell looking for a KIA with without power windows. He had heard something about somebody getting stuck in a car after an accident because of them. Well, he got wine ( I know spelling wrong, it's early and I'm old) down windows and has had to replace the handles TWICE, but he feels safe. WE really want the basic elios .... and a fancy after market paint job on mine, lol. I'll buy my vanity mirror and change purse from pepboys. Didn't sleep a wink last night. Between BRAT winning the election, elio hitting the 20,000 mark and a possible big OVER SEAS TRIP in the works. Out side of my service time and Mexico (was drunk and partying, took the wrong turn, lol ... really, but it was three decades ago), I've never been out of the country. Husband has never neither. Good Morning Family, I'm still on Grandma duty.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Husband bought his first brand new vehicle a few years ago. He played hell looking for a KIA with without power windows. He had heard something about somebody getting stuck in a car after an accident because of them. Well, he got wine ( I know spelling wrong, it's early and I'm old) down windows and has had to replace the handles TWICE, but he feels safe. WE really want the basic elios .... and a fancy after market paint job on mine, lol. I'll buy my vanity mirror and change purse from pepboys. Didn't sleep a wink last night. Between BRAT winning the election, elio hitting the 20,000 mark and a possible big OVER SEAS TRIP in the works. Out side of my service time and Mexico (was drunk and partying, took the wrong turn, lol ... really, but it was three decades ago), I've never been out of the country. Husband has never neither. Good Morning Family, I'm still on Grandma duty.
Tell your husband to buy a $15 window punch, that way even if the manual mechanism jams he's still safe... and it also won't matter if it is a power window or manual.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tell your husband to buy a $15 window punch, that way even if the manual mechanism jams he's still safe... and it also won't matter if it is a power window or manual.
You are correct about the windows. If the car is caved in, or any car, after a roll over or collision, the window will not go down, electric or manual. The main thing to remember is, with the punch and your cell phone, make sure they are secured on your person or a place you are sure you can reach after an accident. The punch and cell phone will do you no good if they end up in the back seat or where you can't reach them if you are pined in.:)

Top Bottom