• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Digital Instrument Cluster

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And on my smartphone I can use a tomtom app, a garmin, navigon, waze, etc.

Currently, I use Waze when I have a cell signal, and Navigon when I don't.
I am completely unfamiliar with Navigon, so cannot comment on that but my garmin serves my needs quite well.
question: with Waze do you get traffic reports and rerouted for accidents? Traffic jams? Mot being critical just wondering/

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that is exactly what Waze is for, just last month it routed me around a 20 mile traffic jam where all lanes of I-20 had been closed by the police. Many hours saved there. Google recently bought Waze but hasn't integrated it yet into Google Maps.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, that is exactly what Waze is for, just last month it routed me around a 20 mile traffic jam where all lanes of I-20 had been closed by the police. Many hours saved there. Google recently bought Waze but hasn't integrated it yet into Google Maps.
Waze rocks.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am completely unfamiliar with Navigon, so cannot comment on that but my garmin serves my needs quite well.
question: with Waze do you get traffic reports and rerouted for accidents? Traffic jams? Mot being critical just wondering/
Waze is updated by the people using it. On my way to work, I report cars on the side of the road, traffic jams, and police. It has helped me several times when the roads I take get stopped up.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't need a fancy or expensive NAV system. Love my Garmin and with a power outlet and my satellite radio I'm ready for the long trips.
power outlet...... I wonder how many and where? I would like to see three, one on the dash, one on the right side of the back seat and one in the trunk. Or at the minimum 2 on the dash so I don't have to use one of those milti adapters.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If and when you have the chance to see the Elio " live " as we did 3 weeks back, they were sharing a digital "dial" display dial set-up they are considering using in the final product ... Looks to be pretty sweet... The Elio staff was sharing this concept on their IPads....!
I'll get to see it on 24 Apr and will be sure to ask about the 'dial setup'

Top Bottom