• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disappointment

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if the Toyota folks would mind my placing an Elio sticker on my Prius. They didn't suffer when Jeff Dunham used the Prius in his ventriloquism routine.

echobrown

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many who have had to modify their plans as a result of not securing one. I fully understand your frustration (shared by many- including myself). For me, long term gratification has not been one of my virtues - I've met, and married, bought a home, relocated from Florida to Washington, have a new grandchild, bought/sold 2 motorcycles and a few cars waiting, gotten divorced, but that's another story....
I did the all-in thing in August 2014. Sold my SUV because I would not be needing a third car, and, I would be getting my Elio sometime in 2015....DARN!!!.... Guess it has been moved to SOMETIME in 2016.... WHOOPS!!!!!!... make that SOMETIME in 2017....I love driving but will be 71 this year....Don't know how many more DARNS!! AND WHOOPS!!! I'll get!

seacat

Reaction score
With the announcement that the company plans to sell 100 pre-production car’s in the fourth quarter of this year to a fleet company so Roush can evaluate vehicles, production of our car’s will now be moved out to 2017 and an un-determined date? What the "HE double L" is this we have already had dates moved for the past two year's, I am at my end of being patient. For them to be telling use this again is just too much, I for one can no longer wait. I have been holding out and holding out on getting another car because I "knew" they would come through for us, but this is looking like it’s just going to be too little too late for me. I am very, very disappointed with the company at this point.
I too, grow weary. How can there be an Elio Owners Association when NO ONE owns one yet?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did the all-in thing in August 2014. Sold my SUV because I would not be needing a third car, and, I would be getting my Elio sometime in 2015....DARN!!!.... Guess it has been moved to SOMETIME in 2016.... WHOOPS!!!!!!... make that SOMETIME in 2017....I love driving but will be 71 this year....Don't know how many more DARNS!! AND WHOOPS!!! I'll get!
hang in there I'm 73, I was 54 when I went all-in :-)

We've never had this opportunity unfold these last few months, there is more positive "facts" coming from E M than the previous year. It's gonna happen!!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My concern is that if production doesn't happen soon.....by 2017.......many will lose interest.......and walk away from refundable reservations, leaving far fewer than 50,000 pre-sold units. If the 100 pre-production Elio's are built in December 2016 it's a none issue and my concern
goes away.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe because "Misery loves company"
Never quite understood the quote, if I was miserable, I wouldn't want to surround myself with others who too are miserable!, this forum is a "support group" helping to keep the wish alive, spirits up, and sharing our (diverse) backgrounds, yet keeping our focus on our mutual hope we will each be driving our E

echobrown

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
hang in there I'm 73, I was 54 when I went all-in :-)

We've never had this opportunity unfold these last few months, there is more positive "facts" coming from E M than the previous year. It's gonna happen!!
You appear to be a bit of a truth stretcher :-)) ...but then, I remembered URCRAYZE... Whoops! I meant RU.

Top Bottom