• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Diy Hands On Projects

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes the seats are riding lawn mower style.

The wheels and tires are 14" trailer style.

No it can't be licensed. It goes a whopping 5mph or you can change a gear and go 10mph.

I put the hitch on it just in case in did need to pull anything..it is geared so low that it would pull a decent load for its size.
It looks like I have a few peoples interest, I don't mind answering questions at all but for those with inquiring minds check out their website: http://struckcorp.com/models/mba80#!gallery_11_lg

Wow! Those are the same people that make the Magnatrac! Wanted one of those since I was a kid reading my dad's Popular Mechanics magazines! I could have some fun with one of those babies!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a youtube channel of the first half of the build. It's under minibeep1 for those who care to look.
I still need to add the last half of the build.
The reason I asked if it was like a golf cart is because the little town on the west side of I-5 has established a golf cart zone downtown
I know there's a place in FL that does it also. If you could give it a 3rd and 4th gear talk to your town about establishing one there.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sooo, if you broke your knee-cap roller-skating (like I did), and they give you this really interesting knee brace with angle locks, when you're healed in 8 weeks, what do ya do with this interesting hardware? Toss it? Off to the thrift store? Not for me. I make something out of it.

WP_20150719_09_39_15_Pro.jpg

Keyboard deck, with angle and height adjustments of course!

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a youtube channel of the first half of the build. It's under minibeep1 for those who care to look.
I still need to add the last half of the build.
Very much appreciate the information about the Minibeep. Had no clue of its existence. Love your video and the other videos about it on youtube. Very handy and practical machine. If I wasn't in the city and lazy, I'd buy the plans in a heartbeat.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My brother is always giving me a hard time about my projects. We had a couple of doors to the basement rot. He would have bought a new door and replaced it, no problem. Not me, I went to the barn where we store lumber that has been removed from the house for remodeling or repair. You know, scrap. I found enough to build the red door. Then as luck would have it a customer stopped
by my auto parts store for a battery. I go out to install it and notice he has a load of long 2 x 6 pie cuts, I'm thinking jack pot! I ask what he is going to do with them. He's headed to the dump! Free wood for the other door. The center is more barn wood, wormy chestnut!
You will notice the frame of the wormy door is not square, well anybody can build a door out of new straight square lumbar, but a true craftsman works with what he has. At least that's what I think.
k_f7vCIEdxQJo-qeDllM1hwoip7wSwn0_zDxbqwYj5dzwVrEW-eiiP11xTb6BCIZfBnUDHdlb2TEMYF1MKDNRvjBmhArmLUBvl0KgYkbcQQ7IgQdaB64xVVC6DIw0PGR_1jsMFZMbGFVqcdRW4-VP4BkKKuXK-aMfBZR7HmNAIwWRe2b7X5hjNbkuKvbaQAA-uQ6Ji-agdVQtaIaLsbgdbAERWICFQIPYlx7K0t1Vs9x6TdBZTst9dx-_CFiZE2xMFJej6Alk8EBi9PN5921YRPAzNOkQNEK9TA5wkHVqpMr28Sz_DawqO1oiMrTqiQxudFI4L5Yr1zF-_QYZKS2gxHdiR292Snk57q58nEvT4S0FiAVOJwtYqBsuNDnYnsDfZGhhSR8siGwin89eyOLI1x-PHQUSIoMP81_ow0EVvlej7RI5Z7A9bkl9OxMWUzBXxjp8IFAaIlbW77mmeuKY8ZieepjJIk1woad6iSpvyReDyO6Eku5mx-6BrPVhnkbKGH9VTO2KZwZqb9cJ5C0TzA7VpGAecdz99IvVvgAVOFC09xL_4lQJFZ5fIy-Rqko5Z0SDBvmY4D7rEYeRaHcZunTbqsBe32Y9GGrD5N49Q=w384-h512-no

izl7P_fMs3gPeZcpZzU1s1_wyhMQqIVWnfF-RSyUgzMoe-LLCeCNL8PtHcbzdgYGF0TpSyqThy06Ir6jEX6ihTC9wcuaytPnFIP0PYOshxaaG8_uim_2Nbfr3YgUe5SIM-uNQkk-4jfhCZVATzdiDRnbuLhu16TL0XsnkyUMGQKi7s_mAaEDvI3rwMrXchC5Tpd6mK-h3jo2TvVuMuNTZur3lx6bv69qqur394Cs-LqdL6EpDsh-C2cAfv4YiTgEzyPs61Z8Uk2lIiU3r9wycOuaxjaClmwD1t753RMdqgrf1rFG-g9jlV-TPplmWoEoF9U8TYdEpJTfBPeGlqp9-bkq0jcLw32q2hw6B7920c9zjl3HdXlE_ejakz5XkRQdC5kDt0mtSJA7qOLyUUPr7KLNVWjKkc0r27AH0k-eExTtXjeVX7883rpBCfKplumrkazAv7Mgc6XcXulX0_AoUfXZz4RAWbvqKMe4lpFFoHIn05_skOmyqdsiTTDzp25ADR5fjQD3rASx-_2r43SJUJ6YAPnanzGFjh95BEFZDhRQDHOUvSsMSnwFqbr_1OxuSNcBSxx-yS6P3zXOza-RMEA-N7kHo1t64kpzMjFYfg=w384-h512-no

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since NSTG8R has his DIY project in here. I thought such a thread might be interesting.

So does anyone else get interested in tessellated brink or tile? I mean you own design?

Definition:
A tessellation of a flat surface is the tiling of a plane using one or more geometric shapes, called tiles, with no overlaps and no gaps.

In may case it's not my own art work, just my own method of tiling and fabricating it.
Behold:
View attachment 6151

The tiles are multi-color brick, 20in for the tiles, each lizard is about 24" when installed in my back yard.
Yes, these are the not actual colors I will use, showing these just for the contrast on my monitor to check the pattern. View is at a angle when standing on the site.

Share your projects, what are they?
Looks like an M.C Escher design.

Top Bottom