• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Diy Hands On Projects

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I had said I would post pictures of the new transition trim strips I made for the house; well I finally got around to taking pictures and unloading them.
Here you go. Be nice, I had never done anything like this before:

First is Master to Master bath
Bath trim 2.jpg

Next is a close-up of the front entrance to the house

Entrance closeup.jpg

Same spot, just not as close

Entrance door.jpg

Turning 90 degrees to the left, another view of the front entrance; yes, I put in all the slate and installed all of the hardwood floors

Entrance with new trim2.jpg

Next shot is a close-up of the trim between the living room and the kitchen.
When the built the house (and just about every other house in the subdivision) they used the same linoleum everywhere.
The kitchen and the Master Bath are the only two rooms in my house that still have it; that is a future project.

Kitchen closeup.jpg

Same spot, just backed away a little.

Kitchen trim.jpg

OK, let me have it, I can take it :Cry: ok, I can't; just don't be too brutal.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had said I would post pictures of the new transition trim strips I made for the house; well I finally got around to taking pictures and unloading them.
Here you go. Be nice, I had never done anything like this before:

First is Master to Master bath
Next is a close-up of the front entrance to the house
Same spot, just not as close
Turning 90 degrees to the left, another view of the front entrance; yes, I put in all the slate and installed all of the hardwood floors
Next shot is a close-up of the trim between the living room and the kitchen.
When the built the house (and just about every other house in the subdivision) they used the same linoleum everywhere.
The kitchen and the Master Bath are the only two rooms in my house that still have it; that is a future project.
Same spot, just backed away a little.
OK, let me have it, I can take it :Cry: ok, I can't; just don't be too brutal.

All in wood, it's the 'warshington' way! Looks very nice! And warm, not like that cold Aluminum stuff!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
outstanding .... do you make service calls to the east coast ?
East Coast, sure; customer pays travel both ways and all expenses (hotel, rental car, food and entertainment) then labor and 10% to 15% markup on parts. This part is paid up front before any work starts.

I used to travel all over the county fixing computer and networking systems: did this on the National Level for 4 years; 2 1/2 years Western Regional before that.. These were enterprise grade systems, not home units :becky: It was extremely demanding and took stress to a whole new level many times.
But if I had the chance to do it again, I would; and wouldn't change a thing. I loved it and loved doing it; it brought challenging yourself to a place very few people ever go.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
East Coast, sure; customer pays travel both ways and all expenses (hotel, rental car, food and entertainment) then labor and 10% to 15% markup on parts. This part is paid up front before any work starts.

I used to travel all over the county fixing computer and networking systems: did this on the National Level for 4 years; 2 1/2 years Western Regional before that.. These were enterprise grade systems, not home units :becky: It was extremely demanding and took stress to a whole new level many times.
But if I had the chance to do it again, I would; and wouldn't change a thing. I loved it and loved doing it; it brought challenging yourself to a place very few people ever go.

how about just taking you out for some outstanding down east pork BBQ .. :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks fantastic, Coss! Knotty pine flooring?
The flooring is Maple (yeah, surprised us too when we picked it out, we were originally going to go with Hickory).
It's an engineered hardwood that is a new style of hand scraped. 3/4" thick 5 1/2" wide 47" long. If you look close, all of the edges of the floor are beveled, and the surface is all real wood. We went with engineered because they don't warp like regular hardwood floors do over time.
We bought a pallet of it; 1,020 sq. ft. for $2,600 I installed it; we ended up with one whole box (34 sq.ft.) left over, and one box full of cut off "odd" pieces.

Top Bottom