• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Diy Hands On Projects

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The flooring is Maple (yeah, surprised us too when we picked it out, we were originally going to go with Hickory).
It's an engineered hardwood that is a new style of hand scraped. 3/4" thick 5 1/2" wide 47" long. If you look close, all of the edges of the floor are beveled, and the surface is all real wood. We went with engineered because they don't warp like regular hardwood floors do over time.
We bought a pallet of it; 1,020 sq. ft. for $2,600 I installed it; we ended up with one whole box (34 sq.ft.) left over, and one box full of cut off "odd" pieces.

Yeah! Sounds like a matching kitchen, coffee or end table project could be in your future!:D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah! Sounds like a matching kitchen, coffee or end table project could be in your future!:D
More like filling in areas after a planned wall move between the kitchen and living room.
Or spares to fixed damaged areas. Hardwood floors are tough, but everything has a breaking point. :becky:

My house is only 1400 sq.ft. (for now) so figuring that I put in about 950 sq.ft. of hardwood only leaves 450 sq.ft. of floors that aren't hardwood.
Only 4 places that have "other" are the kitchen, both bathrooms and the laundry/utility room. You're bound to come up with a need for spares.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So we are having an annual town celebration along with a car show tomorrow, and I decided to upholster a shop stool for one of the raffle items. It's supposed to look similar to a redline tire/wheel. I think it came out pretty good for the little amount of time I have invested.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks!
That was done with my industrial consew.
Those are good machines, I prefer my Pfaff just because I've worked with them for so long. Juki's just run way too fast for me.
I was doing custom cars in a shop that was doing a number of different things; it started out as a trim shop and morphed into a do all shop. Only things we didn't do were mechanics and paint and body work. It was on the north end of downtown Seattle.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just noticed "Battle Ground Wa" on the google map, wasn't that where DB Cooper jumped out? What did you guys do with his money when you found him taken by hypothermia? Just kidding, I can't dis anyplace with-in 100mi of White-Pass skiing. Besides I lived near there in Vacu-Wa 6months when I was in 2nd grade.

I love cats. One of our cats, a Huge-huge seal-point, "Sir Elexsus Few-Meuws-Cat" (in the 70's) he would 'hook' his claws in my shirt at my belly button, kick his back feet out, and hang there crying for his can of tuna. Then time for his belly rub ( while mine was still a bit poked ) and off to sleep for a couple hours.
Another seal point, 'Toy' she -took-out- a large doberman that chassed my brother home. Never saw that dog again.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I just noticed "Battle Ground Wa" on the google map, wasn't that where DB Cooper jumped out? What did you guys do with his money when you found him taken by hypothermia? Just kidding, I can't dis anyplace with-in 100mi of White-Pass skiing. Besides I lived near there in Vacu-Wa 6months when I was in 2nd grade.
Shhh he lives down the block from me (Nice House too)

Timberline (up on Mt. Hood) is closer; I moved here in 2006; before this I was up in Federal Way on Browns point. My job had me driving down to the area 2 and 3 times a week; it was a 2 1/2 hour drive each way; so after 3 years of doing that drive, I sold the house up in FW and moved down here.
Beautiful area; small town surrounded by farms, ranches and wineries; but it's only 20 miles (about 25 minutes) to Vancouver/Portland.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shhh he lives down the block from me (Nice House too)

Timberline (up on Mt. Hood) is closer; I moved here in 2006; before this I was up in Federal Way on Browns point. My job had me driving down to the area 2 and 3 times a week; it was a 2 1/2 hour drive each way; so after 3 years of doing that drive, I sold the house up in FW and moved down here.
Beautiful area; small town surrounded by farms, ranches and wineries; but it's only 20 miles (about 25 minutes) to Vancouver/Portland.
Mt Hood is defiantely nice. I don't mind that -50f windchill either when zooming down those runs. But the chair back up? Ouch, use the scarf to cover your face!

Top Bottom