• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Early-on All-in Reservation

Merlin49

Reaction score
Hello Elio friends. I was one of the people who read about the Elio early on in their initial planning. But when they mentioned the $6800 price I REALLY had a revelation. For many years I have been a motorcycle driver and have always wondered how these motorcycle manufactures can justify how insanely they price their products. I mean my 2005 Harley has NO air conditioning (either cooling or heating), NO stereo, NO comfortable seat, NO electric windows, NO door locks and lousy gas mileage, AND it sold for over $20K. For Elio to be able to provide all these simple basic-comforts for only $6800, clearly tells me that ALL motorcycle companies are totally ripping-off of their customers. I mean, if an American company Elio can actually do what they claim at their very reasonable price, that is a HUGE slap-in-the-face for all other motorcycle and small vehicle companies. I applaud Elio for their concept and their guts to make it happen.
To me it was an immediate no-brainer, I wanted to be a part of that kind of action. So I proudly plunked down the whole enchilada for an All-in reservation plus the 50% bonus. Unfortunately I am not so pleased about the way Elio is keeping me informed about my reservation or my lack od a way to way to communicate back to them. I don't know what my reservation number is and don't know where I can look it up. The lousy T-shirt they sent me even had the Elio name obliterated so you can't even recognize it. That is certainly not the kind of quality control and communications I expected. But I am still pleased to hope that I'm in-line for the first deliveries to be released. I am really excited waiting to see that options will be available on them, particularly the paint and lighting options. My major hope is that they finally add a bright Yellow paint scheme by production time. The Creansicle or Sour Apple Green would be my alternatives to Yellow.
Anyway, my name is Ron and I am in Fresno California. I am age 65 and has hoped to get my Elio before I retire so I can try it for a commuter. But at the rate that things are going, I'll be retired before it will be available.

Ron Hunt
Fresno, CA., USA

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Hello Elio friends. I was one of the people who read about the Elio early on in their initial planning. But when they mentioned the $6800 price I REALLY had a revelation. For many years I have been a motorcycle driver and have always wondered how these motorcycle manufactures can justify how insanely they price their products. I mean my 2005 Harley has NO air conditioning (either cooling or heating), NO stereo, NO comfortable seat, NO electric windows, NO door locks and lousy gas mileage, AND it sold for over $20K. For Elio to be able to provide all these simple basic-comforts for only $6800, clearly tells me that ALL motorcycle companies are totally ripping-off of their customers. I mean, if an American company Elio can actually do what they claim at their very reasonable price, that is a HUGE slap-in-the-face for all other motorcycle and small vehicle companies. I applaud Elio for their concept and their guts to make it happen.
To me it was an immediate no-brainer, I wanted to be a part of that kind of action. So I proudly plunked down the whole enchilada for an All-in reservation plus the 50% bonus. Unfortunately I am not so pleased about the way Elio is keeping me informed about my reservation or my lack od a way to way to communicate back to them. I don't know what my reservation number is and don't know where I can look it up. The lousy T-shirt they sent me even had the Elio name obliterated so you can't even recognize it. That is certainly not the kind of quality control and communications I expected. But I am still pleased to hope that I'm in-line for the first deliveries to be released. I am really excited waiting to see that options will be available on them, particularly the paint and lighting options. My major hope is that they finally add a bright Yellow paint scheme by production time. The Creansicle or Sour Apple Green would be my alternatives to Yellow.
Anyway, my name is Ron and I am in Fresno California. I am age 65 and has hoped to get my Elio before I retire so I can try it for a commuter. But at the rate that things are going, I'll be retired before it will be available.

Ron Hunt
Fresno, CA., USA

After you hear back from them Ron, let us know what they say your reservation number is. Assume you did the $1000 all-in reservation.

I'd mention to them about the t-shirt also, see what they say.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ron Hunt
Fresno, CA., USA
Ron, Welcome from sunny and warm New Mexico, land of enchantment and miles of great roads for the Elio.

Top Bottom