• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Early-on All-in Reservation

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Elio friends. I was one of the people who read about the Elio early on in their initial planning. But when they mentioned the $6800 price I REALLY had a revelation. For many years I have been a motorcycle driver and have always wondered how these motorcycle manufactures can justify how insanely they price their products. I mean my 2005 Harley has NO air conditioning (either cooling or heating), NO stereo, NO comfortable seat, NO electric windows, NO door locks and lousy gas mileage, AND it sold for over $20K. For Elio to be able to provide all these simple basic-comforts for only $6800, clearly tells me that ALL motorcycle companies are totally ripping-off of their customers. I mean, if an American company Elio can actually do what they claim at their very reasonable price, that is a HUGE slap-in-the-face for all other motorcycle and small vehicle companies. I applaud Elio for their concept and their guts to make it happen.
To me it was an immediate no-brainer, I wanted to be a part of that kind of action. So I proudly plunked down the whole enchilada for an All-in reservation plus the 50% bonus. Unfortunately I am not so pleased about the way Elio is keeping me informed about my reservation or my lack od a way to way to communicate back to them. I don't know what my reservation number is and don't know where I can look it up. The lousy T-shirt they sent me even had the Elio name obliterated so you can't even recognize it. That is certainly not the kind of quality control and communications I expected. But I am still pleased to hope that I'm in-line for the first deliveries to be released. I am really excited waiting to see that options will be available on them, particularly the paint and lighting options. My major hope is that they finally add a bright Yellow paint scheme by production time. The Creansicle or Sour Apple Green would be my alternatives to Yellow.
Anyway, my name is Ron and I am in Fresno California. I am age 65 and has hoped to get my Elio before I retire so I can try it for a commuter. But at the rate that things are going, I'll be retired before it will be available.

Ron Hunt
Fresno, CA., USA
Hey Ron, welcome to our little Elio Family! Your not the only one who is a little bit ( or a lot ) disappointed or angry.:mad: There are others who feel as you do, who have a lot less time and money invested in this little vehicle.:( All I can say is, "Hang in there!" :rolleyes: I believe it will happen.:) How long we have to wait, only Paul Elio can say and his crystal ball isn't working right! :D In the mean time, enjoy the forum and company we have to offer and have a glass of kool-aid, it tastes great!:eek::rolleyes::D;)

Merlin49

Reaction score
Hey Ron, welcome to our little Elio Family! Your not the only one who is a little bit ( or a lot ) disappointed or angry.:mad: There are others who feel as you do, who have a lot less time and money invested in this little vehicle.:( All I can say is, "Hang in there!" :rolleyes: I believe it will happen.:) How long we have to wait, only Paul Elio can say and his crystal ball isn't working right! :D In the mean time, enjoy the forum and company we have to offer and have a glass of kool-aid, it tastes great!:eek::rolleyes::D;)

Well I am hanging and I'm not all that much in a hurry. Norahsbed, I like your red configuration. Leather seat would be a bit over-the-top for a cheap Elio though. However, I'm with you on the fenders. The P4 fenders look horrible. I know they are doing that for the aerodynamic effects, but I'll do with a couple of less MPGs just to have the P3 fenders. I finally found my order confirmation today. I placed my all-in order on January 17, 2004, and my sales order number is 100002803. For now I still gottta find out my production number. My confirmation email must have got trapped in my spam filter and that has been dumped several times since my order date.

Merlin49

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. It's about time I joined the family, after buying in over a year ago. We Harley owners kind of network together with each other, so I guess it's high time to tighten up the Elio Owners group. With a Harley, you get pretty decent factory support, mostly through their dealers. As long and Elio is starting with direct marketing, I sincerely hope that they learn a lot from Harley and form a strong communication bond with their customers. So far that hasn't been the case, but I keep telling myself that Elio is still in the development state and hopefully will eventually align themselves tightly with their customers. If anybody has the key to locating our all-in production number, please let me know.

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Belated welcome from TN, Wow I bet you got a real low # :)
Understand the frustration, and you have been a very patient customer. Like all of us , I hope to have my black one in a year or so. All comes down to the money, as allways. I ride a bike too, and one reason I am all in with Elio is the message that is being sent to all the manufacturers on price/value/total cost to own. A real wakeup call!

OOps , I read your date as 2004 :confused:

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I placed my all-in order on January 17, 2004, and my sales order number is 100002803. For now I still gottta find out my production number. My confirmation email must have got trapped in my spam filter and that has been dumped several times since my order date.

Do you know that only those who go All In at the $1K level get a reservation number? Are you All In at the $1000 level?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I am hanging and I'm not all that much in a hurry. Norahsbed, I like your red configuration. Leather seat would be a bit over-the-top for a cheap Elio though. However, I'm with you on the fenders. The P4 fenders look horrible. I know they are doing that for the aerodynamic effects, but I'll do with a couple of less MPGs just to have the P3 fenders. I finally found my order confirmation today. I placed my all-in order on January 17, 2004, and my sales order number is 100002803. For now I still gottta find out my production number. My confirmation email must have got trapped in my spam filter and that has been dumped several times since my order date.

Hi and welcome. You should have a number close to mine. I went all in the last week in January 2014. My number is 2638, so your's should be just slightly lower than mine.

Merlin49

Reaction score
Hi and welcome. You should have a number close to mine. I went all in the last week in January 2014. My number is 2638, so your's should be just slightly lower than mine.
I just got an email from EM today stating that my number is 2430. Boy, I am so stoked. I am also surprised that they answered my request in only one-day turn around time. That was better than I expected.

Top Bottom