• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Early-on All-in Reservation

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Another new to the forum guy myself.
I made the $1k Want in reservation In July 2013, Changed it to All in July 2014. My number is 6550.
It took me a year to convince myself the reward would be worth the risk. I saw what the company was doing to set the stage for the car and customers, doing legislative work in the states that require MC licenses and helmets, partnering with PepBoys for service, the board of directors, putting the plant equipment up for sale. Things like that made me feel the "car" just may become real. There have been other 3 wheeler's that have tried and failed, like the Sparrow from Corbin Motors.
At 67 I know there will come the time when I won't be able to throw my leg over my motorcycles anymore, but I also know I will still want to enjoy the open road. I sat in the P4, and could tell that with the windows down, the sensation will be very similar to motorcycling :)
If the Elio doesn't happen, I'm not going to be angry, just disappointed. I sincerely believe Paul Elio and his team sincerely believe in what they are trying to accomplish, and I can only hope they succeed. GO ELIO

Welcome to the forum! Good to hear your thoughts.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I made the $1k Want in reservation In July 2013, Changed it to All in July 2014. My number is 6550.
It took me a year to convince myself the reward would be worth the risk. I saw what the company was doing to set the stage for the car and customers, doing legislative work in the states that require MC licenses and helmets, partnering with PepBoys for service, the board of directors, putting the plant equipment up for sale. Things like that made me feel the "car" just may become real. There have been other 3 wheeler's that have tried and failed, like the Sparrow from Corbin Motors.
At 67 I know there will come the time when I won't be able to throw my leg over my motorcycles anymore, but I also know I will still want to enjoy the open road. I sat in the P4, and could tell that with the windows down, the sensation will be very similar to motorcycling :)
If the Elio doesn't happen, I'm not going to be angry, just disappointed. I sincerely believe Paul Elio and his team sincerely believe in what they are trying to accomplish, and I can only hope they succeed. GO ELIO
Welcome from THE Sunshine State, there are many here with years of riding (Me 72-50 on bikes) The Elio Iwas love at first sight!, Contrary to the usual I saw a clip about it, went 1k all in and THEN researched it- this is a great group, and I continue to be amazed at the depth of knowledge shared here.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am 65 and feel the same way about the elio feeling like amotorcycle with the windows down.
Judging from your name, do you have a Honda CBX motorcycle? I have two.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Elio friends. I was one of the people who read about the Elio early on in their initial planning. But when they mentioned the $6800 price I REALLY had a revelation. For many years I have been a motorcycle driver and have always wondered how these motorcycle manufactures can justify how insanely they price their products. I mean my 2005 Harley has NO air conditioning (either cooling or heating), NO stereo, NO comfortable seat, NO electric windows, NO door locks and lousy gas mileage, AND it sold for over $20K. For Elio to be able to provide all these simple basic-comforts for only $6800, clearly tells me that ALL motorcycle companies are totally ripping-off of their customers. I mean, if an American company Elio can actually do what they claim at their very reasonable price, that is a HUGE slap-in-the-face for all other motorcycle and small vehicle companies. I applaud Elio for their concept and their guts to make it happen.
To me it was an immediate no-brainer, I wanted to be a part of that kind of action. So I proudly plunked down the whole enchilada for an All-in reservation plus the 50% bonus. Unfortunately I am not so pleased about the way Elio is keeping me informed about my reservation or my lack od a way to way to communicate back to them. I don't know what my reservation number is and don't know where I can look it up. The lousy T-shirt they sent me even had the Elio name obliterated so you can't even recognize it. That is certainly not the kind of quality control and communications I expected. But I am still pleased to hope that I'm in-line for the first deliveries to be released. I am really excited waiting to see that options will be available on them, particularly the paint and lighting options. My major hope is that they finally add a bright Yellow paint scheme by production time. The Creansicle or Sour Apple Green would be my alternatives to Yellow.
Anyway, my name is Ron and I am in Fresno California. I am age 65 and has hoped to get my Elio before I retire so I can try it for a commuter. But at the rate that things are going, I'll be retired before it will be available.

Ron Hunt
Fresno, CA., USA
Welcome Ron,
We all share your concerns, and if you watch the recent video of Paul Elio at St. Francis, he does mention in his speech that they are looking into wraps as an option, which will make yellow and other colors available. Welcome.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For Elio to be able to provide all these simple basic-comforts for only $6800, clearly tells me that ALL motorcycle companies are totally ripping-off of their customers.
I'm a Elio supporter, reservation holder and love keeping up on Elio news and will buy one when its available. But not sure you can say other companies are ripping us off, UNTIL Elio pulls it off. After all, you can go buy a brand new Harley, where an Elio is but a dream at this point. Dreams are always easier to pull off then real life. LOL

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey CBXBob welcome to the Elio family forum!:) We are all hoping that Paul fulfills his dream and gets this little thing built next year. In the mean time get aquatinted with the people here, we're a friendly bunch (most of the time) with several life times worth of knowledge, on a boat load of subjects. So pick a topic off the board or start your own and see what happens. ;)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CBXBob, Welcome to the forum and the Elio family. Obviously you have been an Elio supporter for a long time. Some of us have reached that point where we no longer can ride our motorcycles and the Elio is a great option as you mentioned. Glad to have you join us on the forum and hope you will share your comments and opinions with us.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Elio friends. I was one of the people who read about the Elio early on in their initial planning. But when they mentioned the $6800 price I REALLY had a revelation. For many years I have been a motorcycle driver and have always wondered how these motorcycle manufactures can justify how insanely they price their products. I mean my 2005 Harley has NO air conditioning (either cooling or heating), NO stereo, NO comfortable seat, NO electric windows, NO door locks and lousy gas mileage, AND it sold for over $20K. For Elio to be able to provide all these simple basic-comforts for only $6800, clearly tells me that ALL motorcycle companies are totally ripping-off of their customers. I mean, if an American company Elio can actually do what they claim at their very reasonable price, that is a HUGE slap-in-the-face for all other motorcycle and small vehicle companies. I applaud Elio for their concept and their guts to make it happen.
To me it was an immediate no-brainer, I wanted to be a part of that kind of action. So I proudly plunked down the whole enchilada for an All-in reservation plus the 50% bonus. Unfortunately I am not so pleased about the way Elio is keeping me informed about my reservation or my lack od a way to way to communicate back to them. I don't know what my reservation number is and don't know where I can look it up. The lousy T-shirt they sent me even had the Elio name obliterated so you can't even recognize it. That is certainly not the kind of quality control and communications I expected. But I am still pleased to hope that I'm in-line for the first deliveries to be released. I am really excited waiting to see that options will be available on them, particularly the paint and lighting options. My major hope is that they finally add a bright Yellow paint scheme by production time. The Creansicle or Sour Apple Green would be my alternatives to Yellow.
Anyway, my name is Ron and I am in Fresno California. I am age 65 and has hoped to get my Elio before I retire so I can try it for a commuter. But at the rate that things are going, I'll be retired before it will be available.

Ron Hunt
Fresno, CA., USA
$15,000 of that Harley's sales price was profit.

Top Bottom