• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Early-on All-in Reservation

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I am hanging and I'm not all that much in a hurry. Norahsbed, I like your red configuration. Leather seat would be a bit over-the-top for a cheap Elio though. However, I'm with you on the fenders. The P4 fenders look horrible. I know they are doing that for the aerodynamic effects, but I'll do with a couple of less MPGs just to have the P3 fenders. I finally found my order confirmation today. I placed my all-in order on January 17, 2004, and my sales order number is 100002803. For now I still gottta find out my production number. My confirmation email must have got trapped in my spam filter and that has been dumped several times since my order date.
Hey Ron, the leather seats are part of the "dream" wish list, Reality will be how much they cost. I've never had leather seats and with the low over all price of the vehicle, I may just spring for them. This is my "midlife crisis" vehicle. While I could afford the lower end "midlife crisis" sports car, I can't justify spending that kind of money on a piece of metal, with more power than I'll ever need or use and that gets crappy mileage. Give me my low cost Elio with great mpg and I'll make it my sports car.;)

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I am hanging and I'm not all that much in a hurry. Norahsbed, I like your red configuration. Leather seat would be a bit over-the-top for a cheap Elio though. However, I'm with you on the fenders. The P4 fenders look horrible. I know they are doing that for the aerodynamic effects, but I'll do with a couple of less MPGs just to have the P3 fenders. I finally found my order confirmation today. I placed my all-in order on January 17, 2004, and my sales order number is 100002803. For now I still gottta find out my production number. My confirmation email must have got trapped in my spam filter and that has been dumped several times since my order date.

I just got an email from EM today stating that my number is 2430. Boy, I am so stoked. I am also surprised that they answered my request in only one-day turn around time. That was better than I expected.

Hello. I see you joined the group Jan 28, 2015 and you have used the term “production number”. EM uses the term “spot in line”. Elio Owners group uses the term “production number” but I have not seen it used here for quite a while.

You stated in your post of Feb 25, 2015 that you just received you number that day and it was 2430. My order was placed in September 2014 and it is in the 7,000’s. How could you receive such a low number that late in the game? Interesting.

Have you been on this website before? Perhaps under another name?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pistonboy, Merlin49 placed his order on January 17, 2014.
The stated date of the order is January 17, 2004, but that could be a typo.

Regardless, it was stated that the number was received on "today" and the date of the post was Feb 25, 2015. A number received at that time would need a reservation made a few weeks earlier and the number would be over 10,000, not 2430.

(See above two posts.)

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah 2014 is when the biggest gains in reservations happened, there is a big gap between January and September 2014. That's when the most news and hype happened. It slowed way down late in the year into 2015.

edit: it's obviously a typo, he placed his $1000 all in order January 17th of 2014, nobody was even thinking about the EMV in 2004. My guess is he just missed the original e-mail that gave him his number.

Last edited:

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The stated date of the order is January 17, 2004, but that could be a typo.

Regardless, it was stated that the number was received on "today" and the date of the post was Feb 25, 2015. A number received at that time would need a reservation made a few weeks earlier and the number would be over 10,000, not 2430.

(See above two posts.)

Not sure what you're getting at. It reads very clear to me. He placed his order on January 17, 2014. Never received the e-mail with his number. So he sent Elio an e-mail yesterday asking what his number was and they told him. His number sounds right. He placed his order 2 weeks prior to me and is about 200 lower than mine.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what you're getting at. It reads very clear to me. He placed his order on January 17, 2014. Never received the e-mail with his number. So he sent Elio an e-mail yesterday asking what his number was and they told him. His number sounds right. He placed his order 2 weeks prior to me and is about 200 lower than mine.
That's how I read it as well.

CBXBob

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another new to the forum guy myself.
I made the $1k Want in reservation In July 2013, Changed it to All in July 2014. My number is 6550.
It took me a year to convince myself the reward would be worth the risk. I saw what the company was doing to set the stage for the car and customers, doing legislative work in the states that require MC licenses and helmets, partnering with PepBoys for service, the board of directors, putting the plant equipment up for sale. Things like that made me feel the "car" just may become real. There have been other 3 wheeler's that have tried and failed, like the Sparrow from Corbin Motors.
At 67 I know there will come the time when I won't be able to throw my leg over my motorcycles anymore, but I also know I will still want to enjoy the open road. I sat in the P4, and could tell that with the windows down, the sensation will be very similar to motorcycling :)
If the Elio doesn't happen, I'm not going to be angry, just disappointed. I sincerely believe Paul Elio and his team sincerely believe in what they are trying to accomplish, and I can only hope they succeed. GO ELIO

Top Bottom