• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just trying to get a word in edgewise for ELIO on a 'pro-Elio' forum!:help:
We are all Elio Addicts over the years, but happen to be commenting on the Solo's progress on the Electra Meccanica thread of the Elio Forum. We all appreciate your pro-Elio comments in all of the Elio threads. Fun to discuss and be aware of all the options. We all may be somewhat frustrated to see some new startups making more progress than others, but good for them.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We are all Elio Addicts over the years, but happen to be commenting on the Solo's progress on the Electra Meccanica thread of the Elio Forum. We all appreciate your pro-Elio comments in all of the Elio threads. Fun to discuss and be aware of all the options. We all may be somewhat frustrated to see some new startups making more progress than others, but good for them.
Just showing a little love and affection ;) for ELIO's underwriter's perfect record at picking NASDAQ IPO winners which is what Elio owners care about...they don't say much... unlike me....but are probably 99% or more here on this forum because they want an Elio ABOVE ALL ELSE!!!

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wish Electra Meccanica and any other 3 wheeler's the best of luck! If any of these can hit the market early and start getting sales it will be a huge win for Elio. All of these electric models still have 3 issues that prevents the "masses" from buying one: Price, range, "fill up" time. But if SOLO can prove there's a market for their autocycle, certainly investors would see there're a huge market for the Elio.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wish Electra Meccanica and any other 3 wheeler's the best of luck! If any of these can hit the market early and start getting sales it will be a huge win for Elio. All of these electric models still have 3 issues that prevents the "masses" from buying one: Price, range, "fill up" time. But if SOLO can prove there's a market for their autocycle, certainly investors would see there're a huge market for the Elio.
Exactly

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zongshen produces over a million motorcycles per year to include Harley Davidsons for the worldwide markets. EMV has contracted with a Chinese manufacturer with a proven reputation for building quality vehicles.
Good ol' American company Harley Davidsons are now made in China???? I'll be darn. But who cares, their American based employees have jobs, their American engineers in China are most likely overseeing the production for quality control anyway so what's there to complain...it's a win-win. Try getting funding from the top ten billionaires in our country to fund the ELIO if you want All-American made and see where it gets you.....still waiting!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lol. I think the've proven that already with thousands of orders. Read back from the beginning. And I sure hope so- I would love ELIO to materialize even with all it's complexities, after all, EM started this hype of 3wheelers so all credit to them! Nothing is over for EM, they just need to "court" investors who's willing to shell out 300+ millions! Piece of cake!

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great news for Electra Meccanica. This won't really help Elio much, though. By the time any of these mass-produced Solo's hit the streets, Elio will have either made it or been bankrupt. It may help them find some investors, though. It does tend to prove the interest and emergence of three-wheelers. It unfortunately shows competition that may make it to market before the Elio could... So good news, bad news, I guess.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The SOLO & SRK three wheeler everyday electrics resolve the 3 issues you mention for 83% of all commuters that drive alone and well under 70 miles per day. Affordable (SRK $11,900 SOLO $15,900), may save money on lifetime TCO, Range (SRK 70 & 140 Mile) (SOLO 100 miles), and the convenience of overnight charge time/and or at work to top it off for the ride home. All the 3 wheeler options,even the Elio, are marketed to be AND VEHICLE supplements to the family car.......all ideal urban commuters. The ELIO ICE advantage is the extended range for the occasional long drive. I plan to drive my primary vehicle when the need arises.

Great news for Electra Meccanica. This won't really help Elio much, though. By the time any of these mass-produced Solo's hit the streets, Elio will have either made it or been bankrupt. It may help them find some investors, though. It does tend to prove the interest and emergence of three-wheelers. It unfortunately shows competition that may make it to market before the Elio could... So good news, bad news, I guess.
The Elio ICE and SOLO and/or SRK EV's are not competing for the same market demographics. There is a market for all three.

Top Bottom