• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great news for Electra Meccanica. This won't really help Elio much, though. By the time any of these mass-produced Solo's hit the streets, Elio will have either made it or been bankrupt. It may help them find some investors, though. It does tend to prove the interest and emergence of three-wheelers. It unfortunately shows competition that may make it to market before the Elio could... So good news, bad news, I guess.
Aside from the fact that current Governments domestic and abroad are embracing EVs more and more and actually pushing car manufacturers to come up with "clean" cars, EVs are simpler flatform, not a lot of parts that can go wrong while ICE are much more complex so there's much more R & D needed before a new car/trike is released for sale. It's very likely ICEs are not going away anytime soon as EVs will never match it's range so there's always hope for our ELIO but Evs can't be denied their rightful place in our streets sooner than later IMHO.

Last edited:

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aside from the fact that current Governments domestic and abroad are embracing EVs more and more and actually pushing car manufacturers to come up with "clean" cars, EVs are simpler flatform, not a lot of parts that can go wrong while ICE are much more complex so there's much more R & D needed before a new car/trike is released for sale. There's no doubt ICE are still here to stay for a long time as EV will never match it's range so there's always hope for our ELIO but I have no doubt that EVs will be a common sights in our streets sooner than later IMHO.
I love mine :)

Haven't been to a gas station since I got back from my trip on July 18th :D

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love mine :)

Haven't been to a gas station since I got back from my trip on July 18th :D
It'll put a big grin...or shall I say "green" (get it?) in my face the day I said "the long lines for cheap gas at Costco is over for me". Come to think of it, I'm spending more each trip at Costco because after gas fill up, I end up going inside to buy more stuff than I need since I'm already there. Lol By then my ICE car will stay garaged more often than necessary.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lynn, They up and changed it again! It's tonight! Thursday Oct. 12th @ 9:00 Eastern Time.
That link to their FB page is still good, but they changed the date... again.
Didn't get a chance to see it, any updates what transpired on that CEO update?? If everything goes according to their plan of building 5,000 units next year, then I'll be receiving a 2018 model SOLO! So close....so close. Lol

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_9346.jpg

Top Bottom