• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just looking at the new chassis, not sure I like the 90 degree u-joint connection though.
ElectraMeccanica partners with InterMeccanica, a custom coach builder. I would tend to trust their engineering of the Solo EV based on the proven Mike Corbin's Sparrow Platform. It's a cool EV concept (IMO) being developed by a credible established custom car builder.

What I don't believe is their stated 2016 production schedule or I would have a pre-reservation deposit on the Solo EV. It looks very interesting as an urban commuter...........certainly not of interest for those that require the range of the Elio suburban commuter.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The front half of the Solo EV looks to be of 100% sports car Heritage........a cross between a Tesla Coupe and a CanAm Spyder. Also, the build is looking very precision on the completed Solo chassis and drive train.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's see...........$19888 canadian ( 15202 US) - 6800 (Elio) = $8402....buys a LOT of gas for my "E" :D

As a matter of fact.....with over 7 years ownership and over 100K miles on my smart, I've only spent about $3600 in "premium" fuel :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Different vehicles.....different target markets. Comparison needs to go well beyond MSRP, and the cost of fuel and maintainence over their lifetime providing either get to production. Many say the Elio's final MSRP will go beyond the initial $6800 base and most buyers will add the $1K auto transmission and other options that will take it well over $10K.

For me it will boil down to the driving experience, fun, performance, comfort, handling, build quality, and safety of the vehicle......over cost. I am certain that InterMeccanica builds custom coach vehicles (not sure what EM will build) so I anticipate a custom quality Solo ride with a cool dash with instant torque that will beat the Elio off the line............0-60 mph. I simply like the idea of enclosed cabin three wheelers (both EV & ICE options) and hope they all make it......Elio, SRK, Solo, and my favorite the i-Road............. and not promoting one over the other. The vehicle has to meet the individual customers needs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom