• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
image.jpeg

First dash rendering I've seen. Seems like a simple and functional layout.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Simple and functional I like. 125 units to be sold this year, (and yes Elio to 'sell' 100 units for fleet testing, I know) , I think those are all pre reserved units though, the rest of us will be waiting until next year, along with Elio fans... Still waiting to see who really gets selling first for general public sales.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand the economics of those incentives packages to subsidize electric vehicles. Do they think electricity is carbon free most of the time? And even if the production is, the building of the production units is certainly not carbon free.

Efficient use of resources should factor in ALL carbon required to get that "CLEAN" energy. Right now it's just another way to rob Paul to pay Elon.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand the economics of those incentives packages to subsidize electric vehicles. Do they think electricity is carbon free most of the time? And even if the production is, the building of the production units is certainly not carbon free.

Efficient use of resources should factor in ALL carbon required to get that "CLEAN" energy. Right now it's just another way to rob Paul to pay Elon.
Canada gets the majority of it's electricity from Hydro (aka dams); so much so that they sell the excess to the US grid; hence the name BC Hydro
Hydro is carbon free.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Canada gets the majority of it's electricity from Hydro (aka dams); so much so that they sell the excess to the US grid; hence the name BC Hydro
Hydro is carbon free.
How much carbon goes into building those dams? How much carbon goes into manufacturing those turbines? Like I said, it's not a carbon free system unless you ignore the dirty parts.

And that doesn't even take into consideration the heavy metal contamination from parts to make the electric "CLEAN" vehicles.

Just show us the WHOLE picture and not just a snapshot of a piece of the puzzle.

Last edited:

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom