• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Time will tell on handling. I wouldn't drive any of the three wheelers including the Elio in snow or on ice. The "and' vehicle will be used when weather and road conditions permit........otherwise it's the primary AWD vehicle.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Solo's wheel unveiled at the Vancouver International Auto Show. Nice wheels!
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Photo of the mold machining for the Solo's front end body panel assembly. It's amazing what can be done and the progress made when you have your own production facilities and can fabricate your own custom designed parts and build your own prototypes and don't have to pay custom builders exhorbitant amounts of $ to build them for you.
image.jpeg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Photo of the mold machining for the Solo's front end body panel assembly. It's amazing what can be done and the progress made when you have your own production facilities and can fabricate your own custom designed parts and build your own prototypes and don't have to pay custom builders exhorbitant amounts of $ to build them for you.
View attachment 8926
No, you don't have to pay them, but what did it cost to build that original mold?
And molds don't last forever, unless you're building the master mold out of steel.
And for the molds that Elio is using, isn't the process different than laying up fiberglass?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really off topic, but I can't help thinking of Napoleon SOLO (Robert Vaughn) from U.N.C.L.E. when I see that car while the kids will think of Han SOLO of Star Wars.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, you don't have to pay them, but what did it cost to build that original mold?
And molds don't last forever, unless you're building the master mold out of steel.
And for the molds that Elio is using, isn't the process different than laying up fiberglass?
Any Solo prototype parts fabrication and production work done in house, to include having the equipment necessary to design and build original molds saves time and money in the road to production process. It seems they have the capability to build master molds. The Intermeccanica partner in the Solo's development builds custom coach vehicles (replica Porsche's), it's what they do, and from looks of the detailed craftsmanship on their custom builds, do it very well. They may have the car building advantage that allows them to pull off a fast track production ready Solo.

Arcimoto also has the team experience and talent to fabricate in house prototypes. I think it's a big advantage over using contract builders and saves on what is already limited funding.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Continental tires arrive for the 120 Solo Alpha's. The Solo Alpha Series builds are underway for the end of June unveil with delivery of the first reservation Solo's scheduled to begin 2 weeks later. Race Energy Performance has designed and built the entire electric drive assembly. Starting to look like a serious 2016 Solo Alpha production schedule.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Continental tires arrive for the 120 Solo Alpha's. The Solo Alpha Series builds are underway for end of June unveil with delivery of the first reservation Solo's scheduled to begin 2 weeks later. Race Energy Performance has designed and built the entire electric drive assembly. Starting to look like a serious 2016 Solo Alpha production schedule.
View attachment 9310

View attachment 9311
WoW! all the best, I know you've been waiting for a special vehicle. Don't forget your friends- bring it by the Elio Nationals!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. I have no reservation deposit on a Solo Alpha series, but rather maintain interest in all three wheeler concepts getting closer to production. I refuse to buy a vehicle without a test drive to insure performance, handling, comfort, fit and finish. I no longer believe what any of the startups say..........only tangible results work for me these days. I do maintain my simple $100 refundable reservation on the SRK because it is the only concept I can actually test drive........when they tour it a little closer to my home.

Yes, we are all waiting for a fun vehicle that meets our individual needs and budgets. When we meet at the Elio Nationals we will both be driving the coolest Elio's at the meet.

Top Bottom