• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2000 watt generator/110V. = 18 Amp AC. powering an AC/DC inverter =Slow charge. That is going to require TWO cups of coffee:D
The Nissan Leaf, using it's 110v/12A charger, gains about 1 kw per hour. In the Leaf that equals about 4 miles per hour, but in the Solo should be significantly more.
That said, I don't think you'd need the generator for your plan. 110v exterior sockets are pretty easy to find out in the wild, and on one occasion my wife actually had to emergency charge-up at a gas station using an exterior socket. The generator would be for if you were actually stranded someplace w/o power, in which case you could walk to a station to fill up your gas can for the genny. :)

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was at the Detroit Grand Prix a few years ago and for the SCCA World Challenge race, they had a Leaf as a pace car. Between sessions, they had it plugged into one of those big commercial generators. There were some pics floating around but I remember that they ended up closing off the area for the Leaf recharging area.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Nissan Leaf, using it's 110v/12A charger, gains about 1 kw per hour. In the Leaf that equals about 4 miles per hour, but in the Solo should be significantly more.
That said, I don't think you'd need the generator for your plan. 110v exterior sockets are pretty easy to find out in the wild, and on one occasion my wife actually had to emergency charge-up at a gas station using an exterior socket. The generator would be for if you were actually stranded someplace w/o power, in which case you could walk to a station to fill up your gas can for the genny. :)
Solo Charge Times: 110v/6 hrs 220v/3 hrs

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just signed up for their news letter.
At $15.5k USD, not too bad a price for an EV.
I prefer the Elio for the mass appeal price-point, range and general long-distance freeway readiness.
Of course, when you get into that distance travel, you really want the two seats and extra wheel width/base.
Intercity travel was never my exclusive interest.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
2000 watt generator/110V. = 18 Amp AC. powering an AC/DC inverter =Slow charge. That is going to require TWO cups of coffee:D
Aaah you're no help Frim!:D Actually, if I ever get into a situation where I went over SOLO's range, I have my reliable AAA PLUS, just a phone call away and will tow me up to 100 miles anywhere I want included in my membership. 200 total miles, range anxiety? Naahhhh!:D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I prefer the Elio for the mass appeal price-point, range and general long-distance freeway readiness.
Of course, when you get into that distance travel, you really want the two seats and extra wheel width/base.
............and only $14.5K with a $1K Elio reservation receipt Solo Reservation.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Totally see your point Arilea. And I'll be there picking up my ELIO when EM calls me whenever and whatever year that might be. My SOLO will cover my short runs quite nicely and "uniquely" while waiting patiently for my other 3wheeler.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Totally see your point Arilea. And I'll be there picking up my ELIO when EM calls me whenever and whatever year that might be. My SOLO will cover my short runs quite nicely and "uniquely" while waiting patiently for my other 3wheeler.
I'll be driving my Solo to the first Elio Store that opens in my neck of the woods to place an order for my 2 seater driveable range extender. I hope it's within a 50 mile radius.

Top Bottom