• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Accessories

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I seem to remember mentioning this before..... It would be easy money for Elio to offer a pair of "rain guards" as an option. They allow you to have the windows cracked but keep the rain out. Also, in hot weather you can leave the windows cracked when parked in the sun and the interior will stay quite a bit cooler, which is good for you and the vinyl. I've had them on all my cars for years and wouldn't be without them. A worker on the assembly line could install a pair in about one minute.

rain-guards-installation-ic_8.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I seem to remember mentioning this before..... It would be easy money for Elio to offer a pair of "rain guards" as an option. They allow you to have the windows cracked but keep the rain out. Also, in hot weather you can leave the windows cracked when parked in the sun and the interior will stay quite a bit cooler, which is good for you and the vinyl. I've had them on all my cars for years and wouldn't be without them. A worker on the assembly line could install a pair in about one minute.

EM has said (multiple times now) that the Configurator is still in an early stage, and in the coming months they will add and subtract different accessories; so there's a chance that they will be an option before all is said and done.
I can't recall any other company that offers the window guards; they all seem to be an aftermarket add on.
I don't think there's a lot of "wiggle" room on the profit margin for an item like this.
Perhaps they will carry it as a non-factory installed option at the retail centers; now that I have seen at dealerships.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure this was one of the options on that survey some of us got a few weeks ago. I expect to see it show up as an option on the configurator in the coming weeks/months.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'd bet they'd install a lot faster than that. The longest job on the assembly line was about 1:35 at GM but it was a double station with 3 crews of 2 people installing the cross body harness. At any given time, there were two teams installing. A regular station can only take about 52 seconds as a new vehicle rolls by every 54 seconds. (once Elio is up and running, they will run that fast as well.)

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd bet they'd install a lot faster than that. The longest job on the assembly line was about 1:35 at GM but it was a double station with 3 crews of 2 people installing the cross body harness. At any given time, there were two teams installing. A regular station can only take about 52 seconds as a new vehicle rolls by every 54 seconds. (once Elio is up and running, they will run that fast as well.)

Excuse me, I just rounded it off to a minute. Actually, I've done the math and it will take exactly 51.5965449 seconds to install them. (Mind boggling, isn't it?). :confused2:

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I had a pair years ago and they worked great .................EXCEPT in the snow !!!!!

I had the windows cracked overnight........snow came.........and I came out to a dashboard and seats full of snow !!!!

The wind had blown it up into the guards and over the window :eek:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would rather have pop out rear windows, I use them all the time in my Tacoma

Yep! Like my old VW Bug. It'd probably smooth out the airflow going through the Elio at highway speeds somewhat also. Kind of like popping open the rear window on my truck [Note: Make sure you don't have a load of manure when doing that.] :confused:

Top Bottom