• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Accessories

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those would be really cool if you could somehow hood them so they aren't visible from the rear. The thought of having those bright LEDs right in front of me while driving at night is NOT a pleasant thought. Same with the rear red ones though red doesn't kill my night vision.

saltydog72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Still haven't heard back from anyone yet, in regards to the side mirrors if they will be heated or not.our winters around here can be pretty nasty.without the aid of a rearview mirror in the cabin could be scary.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those would be really cool if you could somehow hood them so they aren't visible from the rear. The thought of having those bright LEDs right in front of me while driving at night is NOT a pleasant thought. Same with the rear red ones though red doesn't kill my night vision.
It looks like the front ones are actually forward-facing, and since LEDs are so directional I don't think they would be much of a problem. But yeah, I can see the back-facing ones being an issue.

I'm still gonna stick with the reflective vinyl tape idea (done in stylistic outlines for that TRON look :D )

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still haven't heard back from anyone yet, in regards to the side mirrors if they will be heated or not.our winters around here can be pretty nasty.without the aid of a rearview mirror in the cabin could be scary.

I think heated mirrors was mentioned as a possibility (also, side-marker mirrors and auto-dimming mirrors) but we won't know for sure until they show up on the configurtator, and even then we might not get them. :/

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It looks like the front ones are actually forward-facing, and since LEDs are so directional I don't think they would be much of a problem. But yeah, I can see the back-facing ones being an issue.

I'm still gonna stick with the reflective vinyl tape idea (done in stylistic outlines for that TRON look :D )
I've seen reflective tape done in a bunch of colors. My favorite was a black tape that we used on the flightline. It glowed very energetically at night when lights shown on it. It looked like a really bright grey. If the rears of the wheel covers stay black (I'm surprised the configurator doesn't have "color coded fender openings front/rear" as choices yet), it would be a good choice to put on the black plastic.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've seen reflective tape done in a bunch of colors. My favorite was a black tape that we used on the flightline. It glowed very energetically at night when lights shown on it. It looked like a really bright grey. If the rears of the wheel covers stay black (I'm surprised the configurator doesn't have "color coded fender openings front/rear" as choices yet), it would be a good choice to put on the black plastic.

Had some of that stuff back in the day for our flight deck helmets. Also had green, orange and white [shop colors]. That stuff really "popped" with the slightest amount of light hit it. Might still have to check with state and local laws on what's allowable color-wise. Red for sure is good, possibly yellow. Something to look into for sure.

Top Bottom