• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And Gas Prices

At what price would you not but an Elio?

• $2.75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CNN Money - Jan. 6, 2015 - Lower gasoline prices have helped SUVs take over a bigger chunk of the auto market...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/consumer/suvs-are-kings-of-the-road-once-again/30555924

Readers digest summary - "Some complain about high gas prices, as they complain about small cars which they call gnats. Some are only happy if they have something to bitch about, and they continue bitching about random crap as they drive to pickup their new gas-guzzling SUV."

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I hate driving in South Carolina, there are tens of miles with original Eisenhower interstate concrete and it has deformed over time and so you rythmically bounce from one end of the shocks to the other as you cross each concrete panel.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hate driving in South Carolina, there are tens of miles with original Eisenhower interstate concrete and it has deformed over time and so you rythmically bounce from one end of the shocks to the other as you cross each concrete panel.

Try driving across Kansas some time. Same deal. Expansion joints about every 40'....for 500 miles.:confused:

Back in around '81, we were going from San Diego to Denver. I-70 actually (at that time) began/ended somewhere out in the middle of Utah. Long straight downhill run with the concrete slab sections kind of bowed in the middle. You'd get up to around 60mph and start catching air, and throwing sparks when you came back down. Brain (and car) didn't need that kind of crap after being on the road for 15+ hours.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Try driving across Kansas some time. Same deal. Expansion joints about every 40'....for 500 miles.:confused:

Back in around '81, we were going from San Diego to Denver. I-70 actually (at that time) began/ended somewhere out in the middle of Utah. Long straight downhill run with the concrete slab sections kind of bowed in the middle. You'd get up to around 60mph and start catching air, and throwing sparks when you came back down. Brain (and car) didn't need that kind of crap after being on the road for 15+ hours.
Brutal.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CNN Money - Jan. 6, 2015 - Lower gasoline prices have helped SUVs take over a bigger chunk of the auto market...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/consumer/suvs-are-kings-of-the-road-once-again/30555924

Readers digest summary - "Some complain about high gas prices, as they complain about small cars which they call gnats. Some are only happy if they have something to bitch about, and they continue bitching about random crap as they drive to pickup their new gas-guzzling SUV."
Compact and subcompact SUVs.......gas guzzling? I think more affordable, smaller, higher mpg SUVs have helped to increase the SUV car market share.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Compact and subcompact SUVs.......gas guzzling? I think more affordable, smaller, higher mpg SUVs have helped to increase the SUV car market share.
By the very nature of marketing, yes true.

One reason people are ever going more that way, just because all the cars are taller, esp the SUV's, so everyone wants to sit higher, so that you can see again. It's a mater of nerves versus survival. A form of product design parameter creep.

I'm looking at some of those cars that were considered BIG cars in the 60's and 70's. Just barely midsized by today's standards. Only thing that has gotten smaller are those big square fenders, gross weight, and the cylinder displacement.

Getting a Elio into the diamond lane will ease that 'stuck in a trench' feeling.

Top Bottom