• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Configurator Seems To Be Down

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I started out with a little faith three and a half years ago... You might want to rephrase that to "a whole lot of faith", Floyd.
Let's see; 2016 - 3.5 = 2012.5? I don't think they were taking reservations in 2012; it didn't start until 2013 May
And if you did it then, you would have a low 3 digit or high 2 digit reservation#

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's see; 2016 - 3.5 = 2012.5? I don't think they were taking reservations in 2012; it didn't start until 2013 May
And if you did it then, you would have a low 3 digit or high 2 digit reservation#

Well, it is a week and a half from 2017, so if he was one of the first reservation holders then maybe he did get in mid-2013?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on this a bit more please?
My guess is that someone on the webdev staff jumped into modifying and upgrading the configurator...
Figured they'd have it done and published by now, but miscalculated how long it would take them.
Either that, or they ran into problems or both. That's why you never work on the live code.

You develop in a localhost server environment and leave your hands off the current working page...
Until you've completely tested the new code in a live online environment somewhere other than that page.

But then you already know all that.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started out with a little faith three and a half years ago...
In all fairness, D.T. never specifically said he'd made a reservation 3.5 years ago in that post.

Better Odds...

Running into George Michael "cruising" a random rest area restroom,
or Elio Motors starting production in 2017?
An experience like that could leave a bad taste in your mouth.
Even better odds than that... D.T.'s premature departure from the forum?

Last edited:
Top Bottom