• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Court Hearing On 3/27/2018...

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors is a company with a huge debt overhang...and no cash...so what makes their stock a bargain?

The volume of their daily stock transactions has been shrinking dramatically over the last two years... purchasing in large amounts would show up in the volume data...as well as drive up the price...neither is happening...

You could argue the stock is basically worthless...no assets to speak of... and no foreseeable revenue...

Even a hint of bad news would drop the stock to pennies overnight...
I don't understand the value of the stock. Not selling now for $2.50 rather than riding down to zero makes no sense. If I believed that it is going to survive, I would sell now then re buy in May. I have given up on someone taking over the company.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand the value of the stock. Not selling now for $2.50 rather than riding down to zero makes no sense. If I believed that it is going to survive, I would sell now then re buy in May. I have given up on someone taking over the company.
Elio has really low volume. So even if you wanted to sell a bunch of stock, it would probably take a week. Then when the market would see that, the price goes down and you lose even more money. I think so many people are sitting on a huge loss right now, they might as well ride it out, thus the price just lingers on where it is.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio has really low volume. So even if you wanted to sell a bunch of stock, it would probably take a week. Then when the market would see that, the price goes down and you lose even more money. I think so many people are sitting on a huge loss right now, they might as well ride it out, thus the price just lingers on where it is.
The SMART ones are BUYING!

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A lot of people here have less than a thousand shares, they should be able to get out at $2.50 If any big investor sells, the stock will collapse. I don't care about them, just want the supporters of Elio to get out before the end.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio responded to my question about the court case:

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

Mar 28, 13:15 EDT

It was postponed and will be rescheduled in May is what we understand.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
The Elio Team

Thanks for doing the research!

So...they responded...and stated...

“It was postponed and will be rescheduled in May is what we understand.”

That’s a very interesting way to word their response...

1)...Did they actually have someone at the hearing yesterday...you would hope that Paul would be in attendance...

2)...But...if Paul Elio & his attorneys were traveling to the court hearing from out-of-state...I assume Elio Motors would have to be given advance notice that the hearing was delayed...so did they know all along there would be no court hearing yesterday?

3)...When Elio uses the words “is what we understand”... I read a lot of uncertainty into their response...

4)...My guess... typical Elio lack of transparency... there’s just something not right about the wording of the statement...

5)...The statement is worded like they really don’t know what’s going on... that’s not a confidence builder...

The Elio Saga is fascinating! LOL

Last edited:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow.... here’s what I get from the sentence “it was postponed and will be reschechlued in May is what we understand.”:

• The hearing was postponed.
• At the time of the email response from Elio, the hearing has/had not been scheduled.
• It has been indicated by the court to Elio, that the hearing will likely be rescheduled in May.

Doesn’t sound mysterious to me...

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Booboo... I do admire your optimism!

But...have to respectfully disagree with your “Hopes & Dream” comment...

The Elio vehicle is a interesting concept...but life will go on without an Elio...there are plenty of good used vehicles under $10,000...

In my mind...the Elio turned into an engineering nightmare...possibly too good to be true...and there’s still absolutely no proof that it meets any promised “real world” economy... safety...or durability standards...
All In Non Refundables, and Stock Holders have no choice at this point but to hope and dream.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul is still taking steps in the right direction. When the doors slam in his face he side-steps and finds another way to continue. It's been a tough road but he's a persistent guy.
Really? Got a link to substantiate that?

Just kidding... ;)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow.... here’s what I get from the sentence “it was postponed and will be reschechlued in May is what we understand.”:

• The hearing was postponed.
• At the time of the email response from Elio, the hearing has/had not been scheduled.
• It has been indicated by the court to Elio, that the hearing will likely be rescheduled in May.

Doesn’t sound mysterious to me...
The only uncertainty: They don't know when in May.
I don't see a conspiracy theory there.

That's about the same as saying, "That's all we know for now."
I'm absolutely flabbergasted that the inquiry got any response at all!

Now... in reference to my previous post about lack of interest...
This is more like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom