• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Eagle

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am OK with Eagle cuz it is fun to play as in you can pronounce the Elio Eagle with emphaisi on the "E's" or you could just say the initials E E, or you could just shorten it to one syllable but make it a little long Eee.
But I like "Cheapskate" the best because well it is cheap(as in price not quality) and it is a skate.Another truth in advertising would be the "Eponymous"...and we could still play with the "e" sound.

I'd also be happy with the "Paul." everyone could just say," i am taking Paul to get my haircut."

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The eagle is our national symbol and the Elio could revolutionize our transportation model. Lets make Elio a new national symbol
If Ben Franklin had his way the bald eagle would be just another bird. Here is an excerpt of a letter from Franklin to his daughter.
"For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.
"With all this Injustice, he is never in good Case but like those among Men who live by Sharping & Robbing he is generally poor and often very lousy. Besides he is a rank Coward: The little King Bird not bigger than a Sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the District. He is therefore by no means a proper Emblem for the brave and honest Cincinnati of America who have driven all the King birds from our Country...
"I am on this account not displeased that the Figure is not known as a Bald Eagle, but looks more like a Turkey. For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America... He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage, and would not hesitate to attack a Grenadier of the British Guards who should presume to invade his Farm Yard with a red Coat on."
Please do not think in any way that I am suggesting "Turkey" as a name for our vehicle.

redhedman50

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes Phoenix was used by Pontiac from 77-84 but should be out of copyright this year, and they used it only as a name rather than a concept.[/quote]

To name the Elio after something that was as bland as the Phoenix would not do the Elio justice.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_43487-Pontiac-Phoenix-1980.html

How about calling it E=mc2 (Not only is it from the brilliant mind of Albert Einstein, it would also make sense for this vehicle - Elio = motor-cycle 2 [seater]) Just an out of the box thought. Also, E=mc2 is universal and recognized around the world. Hopefully the Elio will be recognized around the world as well.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes Phoenix was used by Pontiac from 77-84 but should be out of copyright this year, and they used it only as a name rather than a concept.

To name the Elio after something that was as bland as the Phoenix would not do the Elio justice.

How about calling it E=mc2 (Not only is it from the brilliant mind of Albert Einstein, it would also make sense for this vehicle - Elio = motor-cycle 2 [seater]) Just an out of the box thought. Also, E=mc2 is universal and recognized around the world. Hopefully the Elio will be recognized around the world as well.[/quote]
Interesting thought. but in just what way do you consider the Phoenix bland
30-beautiful-phoenix-artworks3dabstractline-drawings-and-oil-paintigs-1dut.com-23.jpg

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

How about calling it E=mc2 (Not only is it from the brilliant mind of Albert Einstein, it would also make sense for this vehicle - Elio = motor-cycle 2 [seater]) Just an out of the box thought. Also, E=mc2 is universal and recognized around the world. Hopefully the Elio will be recognized around the world as well.
Interesting thought. but in just what way do you consider the Phoenix bland
30-beautiful-phoenix-artworks3dabstractline-drawings-and-oil-paintigs-1dut.com-23.jpg[/quote]
That is the most beautiful Phoenix I have seen. Thanks for sharing. :-) Z

Top Bottom