• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio External Storage Boxes / Fighter Jet Intake Mod

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would we need special licencing for a 5-wheeler?
One could argue, Technically a detachable trailer, not rigidly mounted to the car. Two really. So you would license each side. A trailer with a ridged hitch and a single swivel wheel is under the same rules.
So long as you can get a license plate (or two) in any state, you are good to go.

Actual sidecars (for people) are rigidly mounted to a motorcycle.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These deserve better styling, but here's what SideCar-SideBags look like. These do not suffer from added rollover(in-fact they reduce it), and do not represent a jack-knife situation. They still need to keep the weight down since they could increase/vary vehicle oversteer (reduce understeer), especially on gravel, wet, snow or ice.
View attachment 10761 View attachment 10762
View attachment 10760
Great design. But I might suggest using the aerodynamics of the front wheel fenders and simply matching them and extending their tear drop shape rearward.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know that in Montana, it was legal to ride in a trailer that was not attached to the tow vehicle by a ball. That meant that you could legally ride in a 5th wheel camper. But, that's kind of idiotic. I've never seen one roll over that wasn't a pile of wood, belongings, and lost dreams.

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to derail this, but I'm going to, in Montana when I was there in the mid 60s most roads had no speed limit. First time I went over 130 MPH, we had to pass cars on the shoulder, too dangerous to get out in the oncoming lane. Incidentally I was not driving, and have never set foot in that Corvette again. Also prostitution was legal then.

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I
These deserve better styling, but here's what SideCar-SideBags look like. These do not suffer from added rollover(in-fact they reduce it), and do not represent a jack-knife situation. They still need to keep the weight down since they could increase/vary vehicle oversteer (reduce understeer), especially on gravel, wet, snow or ice.
View attachment 10761 View attachment 10762
View attachment 10760
I like this but too costly. I'm still thinking a under frame cross piece the right side of which is the point that is the receptacle for a bike carrier but also can serve to have a similar upright to which a removable luggage style bike bag. It would be behind the door for the left side one and quickly disconnect from the upright on the right for fueling. The real problem is the spray from the front tires, tho, on wet pavement!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do this get posted earlier? I may have seen it, I think.
5fbb0716a438b67ae266f7c04d00f56c.jpg

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to derail this, but I'm going to, in Montana when I was there in the mid 60s most roads had no speed limit. First time I went over 130 MPH, we had to pass cars on the shoulder, too dangerous to get out in the oncoming lane. Incidentally I was not driving, and have never set foot in that Corvette again. Also prostitution was legal then.
Did they make a movie about the experience named "Death Wish 2000"?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Did they make a movie about the experience named "Death Wish 2000"?
That's not a move about high speed.

Death Wish is a 1974 American action film loosely based on the 1972 novel Death Wish by Brian Garfield. The film was directed by Michael Winner and stars Charles Bronson as Paul Kersey, a man who becomes a vigilante after his wife is murdered and his daughter is sexually assaulted during a home invasion. It was the first of a franchise, the Death Wish film series.

At the time of release, the film was attacked by many film critics due to its support of vigilantism and advocating unlimited punishment of criminals.[4] The novel denounced vigilantism, whereas the film embraced the notion. Nevertheless, the film was a commercial success and resonated with the public in the United States, which was facing increasing crime rates during the 1970s.[5]

Full movie Bio
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Wish_(film)

Top Bottom