• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio External Storage Boxes / Fighter Jet Intake Mod

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's not a move about high speed.

Death Wish is a 1974 American action film loosely based on the 1972 novel Death Wish by Brian Garfield. The film was directed by Michael Winner and stars Charles Bronson as Paul Kersey, a man who becomes a vigilante after his wife is murdered and his daughter is sexually assaulted during a home invasion. It was the first of a franchise, the Death Wish film series.

At the time of release, the film was attacked by many film critics due to its support of vigilantism and advocating unlimited punishment of criminals.[4] The novel denounced vigilantism, whereas the film embraced the notion. Nevertheless, the film was a commercial success and resonated with the public in the United States, which was facing increasing crime rates during the 1970s.[5]

Full movie Bio
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Wish_(film)
That will teach me to play on words about Death Race 2000, an entirely different dark movie with David Carradine,

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've always invisioned some storage pods added to the upper rear sides of the Elio. I don't have photo editing software. Can someone work something up? Draw your inspiration from the A10.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 272
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These deserve better styling, but here's what SideCar-SideBags look like. These do not suffer from added rollover(in-fact they reduce it), and do not represent a jack-knife situation. They still need to keep the weight down since they could increase/vary vehicle oversteer (reduce understeer), especially on gravel, wet, snow or ice.
View attachment 10761 View attachment 10762
View attachment 10760

I just can't make the leap to a 5-wheeler. Time to rent a Corolla.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've always invisioned some storage pods added to the upper rear sides of the Elio. I don't have photo editing software. Can someone work something up? Draw your inspiration from the A10.
Just below the windows? or lower than that? I've usually put that stuff lower because of keeping the weight low. Are you thinking of any particular existing hard case bags? Or just the ones you show above?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at post #1 in this thread. There is another thread that I had voiced the idea, and Sethodine and someone else came up with some drawings.
So they are already in here and you can do a search for them. Just make sure when you do the search to take the check off "check this thread only"

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just can't make the leap to a 5-wheeler. Time to rent a Corolla.
I would think this is for the hard-core Elio fan going to an Elio inspired event, like a camp over. True, no material logic in this. I just run with what I'm given with limited judgement involved... :bump2:

(Like a Custom/Mods Elio convention? :car: )

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just below the windows? or lower than that? I've usually put that stuff lower because of keeping the weight low. Are you thinking of any particular existing hard case bags? Or just the ones you show above?

I was thinking up higher as to not interfere with the rear view mirrors. Just start out by putting the bags from thr bmw and then maybe some custom aero design.

Last edited:

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do this get posted earlier? I may have seen it, I think.
View attachment 10788

This is an idea I've been pondering since I became interested in the Elio, outrigger bike racks on either side and towards the back. Except I wouldmount the bikes backwards so the handle bars can clear over the rear of the car.

Top Bottom