• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio External Storage Boxes / Fighter Jet Intake Mod

Sr.MailMan

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
By the time you add in the air drag & weight gain + loading time... You might as well just use your four wheel vehicle.
I pity the person who has the Elio as an ONLY vehicle.
I like the original concept and will be replacing a pair of motorcycles. ( better crash protection)

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By the time you add in the air drag & weight gain + loading time... You might as well just use your four wheel vehicle.
I pity the person who has the Elio as an ONLY vehicle.
I like the original concept and will be replacing a pair of motorcycles. ( better crash protection)
Mine is also replacing my bike :) / :(

MajTerry

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Very cool indeed. Now all it needs is a "shark mouth" around the front intake (ala P-40s of WWII). An interesting cutom paint ould be to paint it like a fighter jet, with things like "Caution: Jet Intake" along with panel/rivet lines. I saw a cloth covered ultra-light like that and it was very realistic.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, this is an Idea I've been kicking around for a while, and drew up some sketches on paper (which, if you've been around for a while, you may have seen). Well now I've gone and created a 3D mock-up of my idea on the ol' P4 Sketchup model.

Obviously, it would need a new license plate mounting point, and new taillights integrated into the back. This adds several cubic feet of storage space in the form of side boxes and a deep rear box. I didn't model in the door locations, and obviously it will need a special hatch to allow for access to the gas cap.
2eph7xy.jpg

These images all use parallel projection, so it doesn't look quite like it would in person.

As to removing the tire skirts to change a flat? Well.....I haven't figured that out yet, but it would require custom skirts anyways, so I figure we could work in a hinged door to access the wheel.
Seth, those images don't show up on my computer here. Any way you could repost them?

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay. It must be because that site is blocked from this computer. I'll try again from home. I'm sure it's on my end though. Thanks for trying to help there!
Not surprised. Tinypic is full of all kinds of ads and junk--a truely aweful web experience--so whatever network security or adblocker is on your particular workstation is blocking all links to it. But hey, it's free web imagehosting. I'm thinking I might start using Imgur though.

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You could also mount a couple custom made bags inside the cabin in front of the passenger. (If there's room)?
Of course this would bring a whole set of problems, but it would eliminate outside air flow problems...

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Very cool indeed. Now all it needs is a "shark mouth" around the front intake (ala P-40s of WWII). An interesting cutom paint ould be to paint it like a fighter jet, with things like "Caution: Jet Intake" along with panel/rivet lines. I saw a cloth covered ultra-light like that and it was very realistic.
Can someone point this member to the Silas Sunday page please.
My 2nd HDD failed and it was on there (along with a long of other info I had collected).

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not surprised. Tinypic is full of all kinds of ads and junk--a truely aweful web experience--so whatever network security or adblocker is on your particular workstation is blocking all links to it. But hey, it's free web imagehosting. I'm thinking I might start using Imgur though.
Are those adds and junk associated with Tinypic the thing which would be called Mallware/Malware or is that something entirely different?

ps Yes I know I'm technically challenged. I'm still getting used to touchtone replacing my rotary dial phone.

Top Bottom